Re: Thanks Gang!

  • courtwms777
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2004
      Thanks Will! I had already made a video from the saved email video
      file and imported it into Windows Movie Maker and posted it to my
      blog...before I knew you had posted this info. But thanks for the
      dirt, nonetheless... I'll try it your way and see how it works....

      cool..

      Courtney

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Will Law" <wlaw@h...> wrote:
      > It's really easy to save a Comcast video email:
      >
      > 1. With the video email playing inside the Comcast web page, right
      click the
      > video and select "properties"
      > 2. Copy the "location" - it may extend over several lines, all of
      which are
      > not visible, so be sure you get the whole thing.
      > 3. Open up Windows Media player, then "Open URL" and paste in the
      location
      > you just copied.
      > 4. Once it has downloaded, select "File>Save As" and save it to
      wherever you
      > would like. You can then use whatever host/embed interface you like
      to post
      > it to your blog.
      > 5. If posting to another blog is your ultimate objective, you can
      save
      > yourself some time by not downloading it to your system. If your
      Blog
      > supports embedding Window Media video, then simply use that
      interface and
      > supply the location from step 2 as the source for your blog video.
      That way

      http://videomail.comcast.net:80/vm/vmdata/91/3/williamlaw@c..._110106
      > 2855971.wmv
      >
      > Here it is inside my test Blog
      > http://vlogtest.blogspot.com/
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Will
      >

      > _____

      *is*
      > there any way to save it? Hmmmm... since it pops up inside a
      Comcast
      > webpage... hmmmm...
      >
      > anyone? (I don't think anyone replied to that question before..)
      >
      > Courtney
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Garfield <steve@o...>
      > wrote:
      > > I tried this for free embedded flash off of a web cam site and it
      > works:
      > >
      > > http://www.userplane.com/apps/videoRecorder.cfm
      > >
      > > I did a bunch of tests with it if you want to see how it works:
      > >
      > > http://vspan.blogspot.com/2004_08_01_vspan_archive.html
      > >

      > > On Dec 2, 2004, at 12:33 PM, courtwms777 wrote:
      > >
      > > > I'm mostly curious about that http://videoaddon.com site and am
      > *this
      > > > close* to signing up as having an embedded flash video
      > (playerless)
      > > > in more attractive to me than trying to figure out how to give
      > people
      > > > with alllllll those different player options a choice (real,
      > > > quicktime, windows, high speed, dial up... ugh).
      > > --------- [ Web Site ] ---------
      > > Steve Garfield
      > > http://stevegarfield.com
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290o91d2/M=298184.5639630.6699735.300117
      6/D=gr

      oups/S=1705554021:HM/EXP=1102099740/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http:
      //www.
      > netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here
      >
      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
      > :HM/A=2434971/rand=719193136>
      >
      > _____

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      Service