Re: [videoblogging] Wikinews

  • Steve Garfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      I just went over there to take a look and found the Wikimedia Commons.

      It says:
      "This project provides a central repository for free images, music,
      sound & video clips and, possibly, texts and spoken texts, used in
      pages of any Wikimedia project."

      http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

      They are also looking to collaborate with ourmedia:

      http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Collaboration_with_ourmedia

      Sounds like Wikinews might be another place for us to contribute
      citizen's media.

      http://demo.wikinews.org/wiki/Main_Page

      --Steve

      On Dec 1, 2004, at 5:58 AM, courtwms777 wrote:

      > I just came across this article on http://newsmax.com regarding
      > wikipedia applying it's collaborative encyclopedia model to news.
      >
      > "Wikipedia Creators Move Into News
      > The folks behind the open-source reference site decide to give
      > journalism a go. Through the experimental Wikinews site, anyone can
      > take a stab at being a reporter. "
      >
      > The link goes to the article on http://wired.com:
      >
      > http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,65819,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_1
      >
      > Steve and the rest of the group founders might want to pop on over
      > and start rat-a-tat-tating out an article about video blogging.
      >
      > Great concept!
      >
      > Courtney
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Steve Garfield