Re: Los Angeles VBloggers - We Need To Represent!

  • Gena
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
      What I know so far:

      Our unique georgraphy puts another spin on this but I think we can do
      it.

      Joshua Paul is having an event at "The Grove" aka Farmer's Market/CBS
      area on September 10th. I have just email Joshua about getting more
      info on his event. He's got first dibs and I want to support his
      effort. I have a potential time conflict on that date so I don't know
      if I can attend.

      I live in the Glendale/Pasadena area, just in the planning stages.
      Downtown L.A. would be good for me too but I don't know if there is an
      Apple store in the area.

      Markus Sandy is in the Santa Barbara area, he has experience with
      doing this up in SF this past weekend.

      Kingatti is in the Manhatten Beach area.

      This being L.A. I don't know what would be a "central" location. We
      can try to get to an event that is close to where we live but that
      might not be possible. But it is not impossible either.

      Think one step at a time.

      Thanks,
      Gena
      http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
      ****
      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Gena" <compumavengal@e...>
      wrote:
      > Come on folks - NY has done it and is planning to do it again. SF
      has > done it. We need to do presentation at an Apple store - I have
      two in my area or any place elese that will have us. If we are PC
      users I think we could hang a shingle at a local library meeting room.
    • B Yen
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
        Hi:

        I'm in Pasadena, just a few blocks from the Apple Store on Colorado Bl.

        I'm playing around with:

        - camera-cellphones (1.2M pixel cameras, which can do 15sec video clips)
        - PDAs (WiFi capable, with built-in 1.2M pixel cameras, which can do video
        clips)
        - mobile satellite-DSL w/WiFi base-station (I can get Internet access out in
        the middle-of-nowhere)

        I'm in the niche-market of OffRoad Racing, where there is a NEED for LIVE
        coverage (they currently don't have any).

        I just did a LIVE videoblog ("moblogging", using pics & videos), using
        camera cellphone (using the 15sec video clip mode):

        http://www.jumplive.com/tcup05/index.html
        http://terriblescup.textamerica.com

        I uploaded 1111 pics & videos for this inaugural short-course offroad race
        in Las Vegas. OffRoad Racing is a *niche* market, which suffers from a LACK
        of media-coverage: no LIVE TV (the TV coverage is 1 month delayed, on an
        obscure TV channel). The OffRoad Racing community is excited about how this
        LIVE vlogging is helping the sport with exposure.

        I'm thinking LIVE Vlogging & Moblogging, can maybe get a NASCAR thing going
        for OffRoad Racing. I.e., an Advertising Model: demonstrate webhits,
        develop advertiser interest, grow the sport.

        You'll note that I was doing *individual* LiveWebCasts for race-teams &
        sponsors. That fits right in with the "wearethemedia" modus-operanda: Heck,
        a team-member for each team can do a LiveWebCast for that team!

        I had my Powerbook with me at the track, & I WAS going to upload a video
        clip of the race-cars using my wireless card. (woulda taken 10 minutes,
        after I stopped recording). I actually had the capability to do live
        video-streaming from the laptop, using the wireless-card.

        Is there anyone else on this Video Blogging list, who is doing the *live*
        video blog..like I'm doing?

        >>> http://spinflow.org
        >>> http://spinsummer2005.blogspot.com
        >>> http://spinsummer2005meetup.blogspot.com
        >>> http://vloggercuewest.blogspot.com
        >>> aim/ichat: markus.sandy@...
        >>> msn: msandy@...
        >>> skype: msandy
        >>>

        >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

        >> Individual Fireant

      • Jan
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
          Yo, B, that mobile wi-fi is soooo cool.

          Imagine you doing a presentation at Vloggercon 2006, chico. Interested?

          Jan
          --
          "It isn't done alone."
          http://fauxpress.blogspot.com