Re: [videoblogging] vlogmap to the vlog historical archives?

  • Michael Meiser
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 30 1:27 AM
      On Jul 28, 2005, at 10:00 PM, Devlon wrote:
      > I have been trying to grab a screen shot of the vlogmap (whole world)
      > every day. I want to run them together after 6 months or
      > something...would be cool to see.

      That would be uber cool, awesome in fact. Am I hearing people right
      that this could be included as a feature of the vlogmap? Perhaps a
      little slider that takes you back in time?

      This brings up other cool issues... I know we have some timelines, but
      we need a historian, perhaps we could appoint someone... or perhaps
      not... perhaps we should just work to put together a process for
      getting not just the videos but the actual vlogs archived on the
      Archive.org Wayback machine!? If we just went and figured out a way to
      submit everyone's vlogs to the wayback machine... many of us are
      actually already using archive.org /ourmedia for hosting videos. This
      would mean all the conversations and meta info are archived with the
      videos, which in my opinion are as important as the videos themselves.

      If we could put together an archival committee to chronicle the history
      of this beast we could set up a relation ship through ourmedia by which
      our appointed historians, our librarians, could selectively archive
      select videos and material... putting it together in a basic navigable
      format... a walk back in history so to speak. I propose it as a sort of
      archive.org hosted (or perhaps just mirrored) vlog... with a related
      library.

      The question is, is anyone keen on library sciences? Do we have any
      librarians? I don't think it would be to much work to put together
      static HTML gallery presentations, in the grand tradition of
      archive.org. It could be quite a project. Any takers?

      -Mike

      Michael Meiser
      http://mmeiser.com/blog - fun stuff
      http://mmeiser.com/backchannel - serious lunacy, linkblog