reality check?

  • leslye james
    Message 1 of 156 , Jul 13, 2005
      Some videoblogs are boring.

      There I said it.  And something similar to that statement usually ends up in most of the press coverage on vlogging.  And inevitably people get upset about that.  Why?  It's true. Some videos are boring.  Some approach brilliance and some are mediocre and most are just too freaking long.  Some of mine are probably boring.  Is there anyone here who doesn't scroll through some percentage of the videos they watch because they don't hold their attention?  There's no reason to get riled up about it.  Making watchable video can be a challenge.  That's why people go to school to be cinematographers, editors, directors etc.   Accept the criticism and learn from it.  Or ignore it and keep doing what you're doing.  Whatever.  But why argue against an obvious fact?  Do you think that if you admit that  every videoblog isn't a masterpeice that will somehow stymie the movement?  I just don't get it.

      .leslye

      --
      http://www.phatalspin.com/vlog
    • Ian Mills
      Message 156 of 156 , Jul 18, 2005
        Hmm.. What about a 4 minute mockumentry? It'll be cool to get
        something i've created on channel 4. But 4 minutes? that'd be a
        challege.

        ah. but wait. do i lose all rights to my stuff if i submit anything?
        ha. if so. no.

        - Ian

        --
        www.the05project.com