Re: [videoblogging] Re: why itunes can still be beaten HARDCORE style

  • Cyber V Caster
    Message 1 of 53 , Jul 1 11:44 AM
      Mark you are absolutely right about that. That is really somethin else!
      KC

      mark_thisorthat <mark.thisorthat@...> wrote:
      The exciting thing is that the big guys, Apple, Google, Microsoft,
      are all following us little guys around now trying to figure out
      where we (or some other little guy) will take the medium (and the
      market) next...  People forget that only a short time ago it was the
      other way around.

      Mark

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@g...>
      wrote:
      > > The tools are only important in how they limit or enable those
      voices.
      > > It's not about controlling the mediaplayers. It's not even about
      > > controlling the standards. It's about getting the standards used
      by
      > > the companies that build the tools, so we can then have our vlogs
      on
      > > every television set, every computer screen. It's about making
      this an
      > > open playing field. For me, the next big thing is the set to box.
      > > Which company will make a successful set top box that lets you
      > > suscribe to ANY videoblogger/rss feed? It *will* happen. We just
      need
      > > to stimulate those companies (or start our own).
      >
      > (note: im still on vacation.i woke up early and drove 15 miles to
      the
      > public library while ryan was asleep. addict?)
      >
      > peter, its always been about our voices....but the tools we've been
      > building have helped spread the voices. we didnt just wait for big
      > compnaies to make things happen. they are only doing ti becasue they
      > see what is already being built and working.
      > this is how we create an open playing.
      >
      > I am so psyched by iTunes playing podcasts and videoblogs.
      > its just going to bring many more people to the table.
      > but i wonder...will they encourage people to create and distribute
      > their own media like freevlog does?
      > will iTunes or others create conversations?
      > or is it just a one way distribution stream like tradional media?
      >
      > its just so very exciting how fast we are all moving.
      > i hope that i can watch your videos on my computer, TV, hand-held
      devices, etc.
      > i hope there are a million ways to do it.
      >
      > but for those of us building tools, its important to remember that
      we
      > do have influence in how things are done.
      > we're still part of the ecology.
      > if it was just iTunes...or just ITunes, Google and Microsoft, ...not
      > as exciting.

      > Adventures in Videoblogging

      Yahoo! Sports
    • Adam Quirk
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 4 3:09 PM
        On 7/2/05, petertheman <peter@...> wrote:

        It will be so normal that videoblogging is X that we won't even
        question it.

        What exactly X will be is being defined by *us*. Right now.

        So what is it gonna be?

        "You can't predict the future, but you can invent it."
                 - Dennis Gabor (inventor of holography and Nobel Laureate)

        --
        _____ Quirk
        _____ Bullemhead.com