Re: Videoblogging: Meet the vloggers @ Apple Store SoHo July 8th from 6:00 - 7:20 PM

  • mark_thisorthat
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
      Exactly, getting folks to get up and realize they can do this is
      key. And making sure they leave with a piece of paper that helps
      them do it when they get home. I think a wide variety of vlogs
      should be shown, but only to demonstrate different content, just
      enough to make folks go home and check it out themselves. The
      conversation needs to be about how to do this easily, not how cool my
      vlog is...

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Leo <joshleo@g...> wrote:
      > On 7/1/05, mark_thisorthat <mark.thisorthat@g...> wrote:
      > >
      > > The focus of the
      > > event really has to be on 'How to..' since so many computer folks
      > > still don't know they can see video or post video so easily.
      > >

      > Well it is not intended to be a teaching workshop. More an Inform
      and
      > empower. We will briefly introduce them how to make their own vlog,
      and
      > point them in the direction of the right sites (freevlog, this
      group,
      > vlogdir, etc). I guess we are kind of trying to act as embassadors
      of the
      > vlogosphere. We will introduce them to the concept, show some
      exmples, talk
      > about some of the new developments and then let them decide if they
      want to
      > take the next step and make their own. I agree that a printout
      would be a
      > great idea, something with links and maybe speaker bio's...
      >
      > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
      together, have
      > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.
      >

      > --
      > Josh Leo
      >
      > www.joshleo.com <http://www.joshleo.com>
    • Adam Quirk
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
        > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
        together, have
        > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.

        Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?

        -Adam

        --
        _____ Bullemhead.com __
      • Steve Garfield
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
          Setting it up now.

          On Jul 1, 2005, at 12:29 PM, Adam Quirk wrote:

          > Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?

          --Steve
          --
          Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
          Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
            nifty!
            I didn't know you guys were doing this kind of thing as part of the
            vlogcue week festivities.
            Be prepared for a mob scene, apple store events are generall well
            attended. A few months back I went to see the NY photobloggers
            present, very big and engaged crowd.
            have fun.
            mica
            ---
            http://www.micawave.tv

            On 7/1/05, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:
            > Setting it up now.
            >
            > On Jul 1, 2005, at 12:29 PM, Adam Quirk wrote:
            >
            > > Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?
            > >

            > --Steve
            > --
            > Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
            > Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
            > Text Blog - http://offonatangent.blogspot.com

            Mica Scalin
            Hello?
            http://publicaddress.typepad.com
            http://www.micascalin.net
          • Joshua Kinberg
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
              I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this event.
              You can get them here...

              Large: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_120x140.gif
              Small: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_100x117.gif

              -Josh
            • Josh Leo
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                On 7/2/05, Joshua Kinberg <jkinberg@...> wrote:
                I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this event.
                You can get them here...

                they look great! I just put mine in my sidebar. I really hope we get lots of non-vloggers to attend!

                --
                Josh Leo

                www.joshleo.com
              • Steve Garfield
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 2, 2005
                  Great images!

                  When you post these badges, please link to this blog item:

                  http://tinyurl.com/d947j

                  Thanks,
                  --Steve

                  On Jul 2, 2005, at 2:10 AM, Joshua Kinberg wrote:

                  > I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this
                  > event.
                  > You can get them here...
                  >
                  > Large: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_120x140.gif
                  > Small: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_100x117.gif
                  >
                  > -Josh

                  --Steve
                  --
                  Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
                  Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
                  Text Blog - http://offonatangent.blogspot.com
                • Michael Verdi
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 3, 2005
                    Hey Everyone,
                    I Ryanne will be there and she has a printout already made up that
                    we've used a number of times to do events just like this. I don't
                    have a copy of it but I bet she can post it once she's back from
                    camping.

                    Also, even though Ryanne and Jay will be there I would really like to
                    be included (maybe via iChat video) when Freevlog is presented.

                    Thanks,
                    -Verdi
                    http://michaelverdi.com
                    http://freevlog.org