Re: Videoblogging: Meet the vloggers @ Apple Store SoHo July 8th from 6:00 - 7:20 PM

  • mark_thisorthat
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
      Exactly, getting folks to get up and realize they can do this is
      key. And making sure they leave with a piece of paper that helps
      them do it when they get home. I think a wide variety of vlogs
      should be shown, but only to demonstrate different content, just
      enough to make folks go home and check it out themselves. The
      conversation needs to be about how to do this easily, not how cool my
      vlog is...

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Leo <joshleo@g...> wrote:
      > On 7/1/05, mark_thisorthat <mark.thisorthat@g...> wrote:
      > >
      > > The focus of the
      > > event really has to be on 'How to..' since so many computer folks
      > > still don't know they can see video or post video so easily.
      > >

      > Well it is not intended to be a teaching workshop. More an Inform
      and
      > empower. We will briefly introduce them how to make their own vlog,
      and
      > point them in the direction of the right sites (freevlog, this
      group,
      > vlogdir, etc). I guess we are kind of trying to act as embassadors
      of the
      > vlogosphere. We will introduce them to the concept, show some
      exmples, talk
      > about some of the new developments and then let them decide if they
      want to
      > take the next step and make their own. I agree that a printout
      would be a
      > great idea, something with links and maybe speaker bio's...
      >
      > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
      together, have
      > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.
      >

      > --
      > Josh Leo
      >
      > www.joshleo.com <http://www.joshleo.com>
    • mark_thisorthat
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
        Exactly, getting folks to get up and realize they can do this is
        key. And making sure they leave with a piece of paper that helps
        them do it when they get home. I think a wide variety of vlogs
        should be shown, but only to demonstrate different content, just
        enough to make folks go home and check it out themselves. The
        conversation needs to be about how to do this easily, not how cool my
        vlog is...

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Leo <joshleo@g...> wrote:
        > On 7/1/05, mark_thisorthat <mark.thisorthat@g...> wrote:
        > >
        > > The focus of the
        > > event really has to be on 'How to..' since so many computer folks
        > > still don't know they can see video or post video so easily.
        > >

        > Well it is not intended to be a teaching workshop. More an Inform
        and
        > empower. We will briefly introduce them how to make their own vlog,
        and
        > point them in the direction of the right sites (freevlog, this
        group,
        > vlogdir, etc). I guess we are kind of trying to act as embassadors
        of the
        > vlogosphere. We will introduce them to the concept, show some
        exmples, talk
        > about some of the new developments and then let them decide if they
        want to
        > take the next step and make their own. I agree that a printout
        would be a
        > great idea, something with links and maybe speaker bio's...
        >
        > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
        together, have
        > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.
        >

        > --
        > Josh Leo
        >
        > www.joshleo.com <http://www.joshleo.com>
      • Adam Quirk
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
          > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
          together, have
          > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.

          Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?

          -Adam

          --
          _____ Bullemhead.com __
        • Steve Garfield
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
            Setting it up now.

            On Jul 1, 2005, at 12:29 PM, Adam Quirk wrote:

            > Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?

            --Steve
            --
            Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
            Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
              nifty!
              I didn't know you guys were doing this kind of thing as part of the
              vlogcue week festivities.
              Be prepared for a mob scene, apple store events are generall well
              attended. A few months back I went to see the NY photobloggers
              present, very big and engaged crowd.
              have fun.
              mica
              ---
              http://www.micawave.tv

              On 7/1/05, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:
              > Setting it up now.
              >
              > On Jul 1, 2005, at 12:29 PM, Adam Quirk wrote:
              >
              > > Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?
              > >

              > --Steve
              > --
              > Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
              > Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
              > Text Blog - http://offonatangent.blogspot.com

              Mica Scalin
              Hello?
              http://publicaddress.typepad.com
              http://www.micascalin.net
            • Joshua Kinberg
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this event.
                You can get them here...

                Large: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_120x140.gif
                Small: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_100x117.gif

                -Josh
              • Josh Leo
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                  On 7/2/05, Joshua Kinberg <jkinberg@...> wrote:
                  I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this event.
                  You can get them here...

                  they look great! I just put mine in my sidebar. I really hope we get lots of non-vloggers to attend!

                  --
                  Josh Leo

                  www.joshleo.com
                • Steve Garfield
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 2, 2005
                    Great images!

                    When you post these badges, please link to this blog item:

                    http://tinyurl.com/d947j

                    Thanks,
                    --Steve

                    On Jul 2, 2005, at 2:10 AM, Joshua Kinberg wrote:

                    > I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this
                    > event.
                    > You can get them here...
                    >
                    > Large: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_120x140.gif
                    > Small: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_100x117.gif
                    >
                    > -Josh

                    --Steve
                    --
                    Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
                    Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
                    Text Blog - http://offonatangent.blogspot.com
                  • Michael Verdi
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 3, 2005
                      Hey Everyone,
                      I Ryanne will be there and she has a printout already made up that
                      we've used a number of times to do events just like this. I don't
                      have a copy of it but I bet she can post it once she's back from
                      camping.

                      Also, even though Ryanne and Jay will be there I would really like to
                      be included (maybe via iChat video) when Freevlog is presented.

                      Thanks,
                      -Verdi
                      http://michaelverdi.com
                      http://freevlog.org