Re: [videoblogging] Re: Videoblogging: Meet the vloggers @ Apple Store SoHo July 8th from 6:00 - 7:20 PM

  • Josh Leo
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1 8:56 AM
      On 7/1/05, mark_thisorthat <mark.thisorthat@...> wrote:
      The focus of the
      event really has to be on 'How to..' since so many computer folks
      still don't know they can see video or post video so easily.

      Well it is not intended to be a teaching workshop. More an Inform and empower. We will briefly introduce them how to make their own vlog, and point them in the direction of the right sites (freevlog, this group, vlogdir, etc). I guess we are kind of trying to act as embassadors of the vlogosphere. We will introduce them to the concept, show some exmples, talk about some of the new developments and then let them decide if they want to take the next step and make their own. I agree that a printout would be a great idea, something with links and maybe speaker bio's...

      Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information together, have people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.

      --
      Josh Leo

      www.joshleo.com
    • mark_thisorthat
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1 9:04 AM
        Exactly, getting folks to get up and realize they can do this is
        key. And making sure they leave with a piece of paper that helps
        them do it when they get home. I think a wide variety of vlogs
        should be shown, but only to demonstrate different content, just
        enough to make folks go home and check it out themselves. The
        conversation needs to be about how to do this easily, not how cool my
        vlog is...

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Leo <joshleo@g...> wrote:
        > On 7/1/05, mark_thisorthat <mark.thisorthat@g...> wrote:
        > >
        > > The focus of the
        > > event really has to be on 'How to..' since so many computer folks
        > > still don't know they can see video or post video so easily.
        > >

        > Well it is not intended to be a teaching workshop. More an Inform
        and
        > empower. We will briefly introduce them how to make their own vlog,
        and
        > point them in the direction of the right sites (freevlog, this
        group,
        > vlogdir, etc). I guess we are kind of trying to act as embassadors
        of the
        > vlogosphere. We will introduce them to the concept, show some
        exmples, talk
        > about some of the new developments and then let them decide if they
        want to
        > take the next step and make their own. I agree that a printout
        would be a
        > great idea, something with links and maybe speaker bio's...
        >
        > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
        together, have
        > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.
        >

        > --
        > Josh Leo
        >
        > www.joshleo.com <http://www.joshleo.com>
      • mark_thisorthat
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1 9:05 AM

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1 9:05 AM
            Exactly, getting folks to get up and realize they can do this is
            key. And making sure they leave with a piece of paper that helps
            them do it when they get home. I think a wide variety of vlogs
            should be shown, but only to demonstrate different content, just
            enough to make folks go home and check it out themselves. The
            conversation needs to be about how to do this easily, not how cool my
            vlog is...

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Leo <joshleo@g...> wrote:
            > On 7/1/05, mark_thisorthat <mark.thisorthat@g...> wrote:
            > >
            > > The focus of the
            > > event really has to be on 'How to..' since so many computer folks
            > > still don't know they can see video or post video so easily.
            > >

            > Well it is not intended to be a teaching workshop. More an Inform
            and
            > empower. We will briefly introduce them how to make their own vlog,
            and
            > point them in the direction of the right sites (freevlog, this
            group,
            > vlogdir, etc). I guess we are kind of trying to act as embassadors
            of the
            > vlogosphere. We will introduce them to the concept, show some
            exmples, talk
            > about some of the new developments and then let them decide if they
            want to
            > take the next step and make their own. I agree that a printout
            would be a
            > great idea, something with links and maybe speaker bio's...
            >
            > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
            together, have
            > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.
            >

            > --
            > Josh Leo
            >
            > www.joshleo.com <http://www.joshleo.com>
          • Adam Quirk
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1 9:29 AM
              > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
              together, have
              > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.

              Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?

              -Adam

              --
              _____ Bullemhead.com __
            • Steve Garfield
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1 9:33 AM
                Setting it up now.

                On Jul 1, 2005, at 12:29 PM, Adam Quirk wrote:

                > Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?

                --Steve
                --
                Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
                Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1 9:49 AM
                  nifty!
                  I didn't know you guys were doing this kind of thing as part of the
                  vlogcue week festivities.
                  Be prepared for a mob scene, apple store events are generall well
                  attended. A few months back I went to see the NY photobloggers
                  present, very big and engaged crowd.
                  have fun.
                  mica
                  ---
                  http://www.micawave.tv

                  On 7/1/05, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:
                  > Setting it up now.
                  >
                  > On Jul 1, 2005, at 12:29 PM, Adam Quirk wrote:
                  >
                  > > Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?
                  > >

                  > --Steve
                  > --
                  > Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
                  > Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
                  > Text Blog - http://offonatangent.blogspot.com

                  Mica Scalin
                  Hello?
                  http://publicaddress.typepad.com
                  http://www.micascalin.net
                • Joshua Kinberg
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1 11:10 PM
                    I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this event.
                    You can get them here...

                    Large: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_120x140.gif
                    Small: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_100x117.gif

                    -Josh
                  • Josh Leo
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1 11:32 PM
                      On 7/2/05, Joshua Kinberg <jkinberg@...> wrote:
                      I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this event.
                      You can get them here...

                      they look great! I just put mine in my sidebar. I really hope we get lots of non-vloggers to attend!

                      --
                      Josh Leo

                      www.joshleo.com
                    • Steve Garfield
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 2 4:53 AM
                        Great images!

                        When you post these badges, please link to this blog item:

                        http://tinyurl.com/d947j

                        Thanks,
                        --Steve

                        On Jul 2, 2005, at 2:10 AM, Joshua Kinberg wrote:

                        > I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this
                        > event.
                        > You can get them here...
                        >
                        > Large: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_120x140.gif
                        > Small: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_100x117.gif
                        >
                        > -Josh

                        --Steve
                        --
                        Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
                        Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
                        Text Blog - http://offonatangent.blogspot.com
                      • Michael Verdi
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 3 3:58 PM
                          Hey Everyone,
                          I Ryanne will be there and she has a printout already made up that
                          we've used a number of times to do events just like this. I don't
                          have a copy of it but I bet she can post it once she's back from
                          camping.

                          Also, even though Ryanne and Jay will be there I would really like to
                          be included (maybe via iChat video) when Freevlog is presented.

                          Thanks,
                          -Verdi
                          http://michaelverdi.com
                          http://freevlog.org