Re: Videoblogging: Meet the vloggers @ Apple Store SoHo July 8th from 6:00 - 7:20 PM

  • mark_thisorthat
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
      This sounds like a great event! I will definately show up. I just
      hope that it's not just preaching to the choir. The focus of the
      event really has to be on 'How to..' since so many computer folks
      still don't know they can see video or post video so easily.

      It might help to have something printed up to hand out, even if it
      was just a bunch of links, so people remember to check it out when
      they get home.

      Mark

      video clip blog http://thisorthat-video.blogspot.com

      "This or That!" America's Favorite Burlesque Game Show
      mark.thisorthat@...

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Garfield <steve@o...>

    • Josh Leo
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
        On 7/1/05, mark_thisorthat <mark.thisorthat@...> wrote:
        The focus of the
        event really has to be on 'How to..' since so many computer folks
        still don't know they can see video or post video so easily.

        Well it is not intended to be a teaching workshop. More an Inform and empower. We will briefly introduce them how to make their own vlog, and point them in the direction of the right sites (freevlog, this group, vlogdir, etc). I guess we are kind of trying to act as embassadors of the vlogosphere. We will introduce them to the concept, show some exmples, talk about some of the new developments and then let them decide if they want to take the next step and make their own. I agree that a printout would be a great idea, something with links and maybe speaker bio's...

        Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information together, have people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.

        --
        Josh Leo

        www.joshleo.com
      • mark_thisorthat
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
          Exactly, getting folks to get up and realize they can do this is
          key. And making sure they leave with a piece of paper that helps
          them do it when they get home. I think a wide variety of vlogs
          should be shown, but only to demonstrate different content, just
          enough to make folks go home and check it out themselves. The
          conversation needs to be about how to do this easily, not how cool my
          vlog is...

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Leo <joshleo@g...> wrote:
          > On 7/1/05, mark_thisorthat <mark.thisorthat@g...> wrote:
          > >
          > > The focus of the
          > > event really has to be on 'How to..' since so many computer folks
          > > still don't know they can see video or post video so easily.
          > >

          > Well it is not intended to be a teaching workshop. More an Inform
          and
          > empower. We will briefly introduce them how to make their own vlog,
          and
          > point them in the direction of the right sites (freevlog, this
          group,
          > vlogdir, etc). I guess we are kind of trying to act as embassadors
          of the
          > vlogosphere. We will introduce them to the concept, show some
          exmples, talk
          > about some of the new developments and then let them decide if they
          want to
          > take the next step and make their own. I agree that a printout
          would be a
          > great idea, something with links and maybe speaker bio's...
          >
          > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
          together, have
          > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.
          >

          > --
          > Josh Leo
          >
          > www.joshleo.com <http://www.joshleo.com>
        • mark_thisorthat
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
              Exactly, getting folks to get up and realize they can do this is
              key. And making sure they leave with a piece of paper that helps
              them do it when they get home. I think a wide variety of vlogs
              should be shown, but only to demonstrate different content, just
              enough to make folks go home and check it out themselves. The
              conversation needs to be about how to do this easily, not how cool my
              vlog is...

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Leo <joshleo@g...> wrote:
              > On 7/1/05, mark_thisorthat <mark.thisorthat@g...> wrote:
              > >
              > > The focus of the
              > > event really has to be on 'How to..' since so many computer folks
              > > still don't know they can see video or post video so easily.
              > >

              > Well it is not intended to be a teaching workshop. More an Inform
              and
              > empower. We will briefly introduce them how to make their own vlog,
              and
              > point them in the direction of the right sites (freevlog, this
              group,
              > vlogdir, etc). I guess we are kind of trying to act as embassadors
              of the
              > vlogosphere. We will introduce them to the concept, show some
              exmples, talk
              > about some of the new developments and then let them decide if they
              want to
              > take the next step and make their own. I agree that a printout
              would be a
              > great idea, something with links and maybe speaker bio's...
              >
              > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
              together, have
              > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.
              >

              > --
              > Josh Leo
              >
              > www.joshleo.com <http://www.joshleo.com>
            • Adam Quirk
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                > Steve: perhaps we should get some of that kind of information
                together, have
                > people write a little paragraph about who they are etc.

                Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?

                -Adam

                --
                _____ Bullemhead.com __
              • Steve Garfield
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                  Setting it up now.

                  On Jul 1, 2005, at 12:29 PM, Adam Quirk wrote:

                  > Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?

                  --Steve
                  --
                  Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
                  Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
                  Text Blog - http://offonatangent.blogspot.com
                • MICA
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                    nifty!
                    I didn't know you guys were doing this kind of thing as part of the
                    vlogcue week festivities.
                    Be prepared for a mob scene, apple store events are generall well
                    attended. A few months back I went to see the NY photobloggers
                    present, very big and engaged crowd.
                    have fun.
                    mica
                    ---
                    http://www.micawave.tv

                    On 7/1/05, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:
                    > Setting it up now.
                    >
                    > On Jul 1, 2005, at 12:29 PM, Adam Quirk wrote:
                    >
                    > > Can someone set up a wiki page for the handout?
                    > >

                    > --Steve
                    > --
                    > Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
                    > Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
                    > Text Blog - http://offonatangent.blogspot.com

                    Mica Scalin
                    Hello?
                    http://publicaddress.typepad.com
                    http://www.micascalin.net
                  • Joshua Kinberg
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                      I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this event.
                      You can get them here...

                      Large: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_120x140.gif
                      Small: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_100x117.gif

                      -Josh
                    • Josh Leo
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
                        On 7/2/05, Joshua Kinberg <jkinberg@...> wrote:
                        I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this event.
                        You can get them here...

                        they look great! I just put mine in my sidebar. I really hope we get lots of non-vloggers to attend!

                        --
                        Josh Leo

                        www.joshleo.com
                      • Steve Garfield
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 2, 2005
                          Great images!

                          When you post these badges, please link to this blog item:

                          http://tinyurl.com/d947j

                          Thanks,
                          --Steve

                          On Jul 2, 2005, at 2:10 AM, Joshua Kinberg wrote:

                          > I made some cool badges you can put on your site to help promote this
                          > event.
                          > You can get them here...
                          >
                          > Large: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_120x140.gif
                          > Small: http://www.joshkinberg.com/blog/files/vlog_soho_100x117.gif
                          >
                          > -Josh

                          --Steve
                          --
                          Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
                          Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com
                          Text Blog - http://offonatangent.blogspot.com
                        • Michael Verdi
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 3, 2005
                            Hey Everyone,
                            I Ryanne will be there and she has a printout already made up that
                            we've used a number of times to do events just like this. I don't
                            have a copy of it but I bet she can post it once she's back from
                            camping.

                            Also, even though Ryanne and Jay will be there I would really like to
                            be included (maybe via iChat video) when Freevlog is presented.

                            Thanks,
                            -Verdi
                            http://michaelverdi.com
                            http://freevlog.org