Re: [videoblogging] Re: why itunes can still be beaten HARDCORE style

    Message 1 of 53 , Jul 1 8:42 AM
      > The tools are only important in how they limit or enable those voices.
      > It's not about controlling the mediaplayers. It's not even about
      > controlling the standards. It's about getting the standards used by
      > the companies that build the tools, so we can then have our vlogs on
      > every television set, every computer screen. It's about making this an
      > open playing field. For me, the next big thing is the set to box.
      > Which company will make a successful set top box that lets you
      > suscribe to ANY videoblogger/rss feed? It *will* happen. We just need
      > to stimulate those companies (or start our own).

      (note: im still on vacation.i woke up early and drove 15 miles to the
      public library while ryan was asleep. addict?)

      peter, its always been about our voices....but the tools we've been
      building have helped spread the voices. we didnt just wait for big
      compnaies to make things happen. they are only doing ti becasue they
      see what is already being built and working.
      this is how we create an open playing.

      I am so psyched by iTunes playing podcasts and videoblogs.
      its just going to bring many more people to the table.
      but i wonder...will they encourage people to create and distribute
      their own media like freevlog does?
      will iTunes or others create conversations?
      or is it just a one way distribution stream like tradional media?

      its just so very exciting how fast we are all moving.
      i hope that i can watch your videos on my computer, TV, hand-held devices, etc.
      i hope there are a million ways to do it.

      but for those of us building tools, its important to remember that we
      do have influence in how things are done.
      we're still part of the ecology.
      if it was just iTunes...or just ITunes, Google and Microsoft, ...not
      as exciting.

        On 7/2/05, petertheman <peter@...> wrote:

        It will be so normal that videoblogging is X that we won't even
        question it.

        What exactly X will be is being defined by *us*. Right now.

        So what is it gonna be?

        "You can't predict the future, but you can invent it."
                 - Dennis Gabor (inventor of holography and Nobel Laureate)

        --
        _____ Quirk
        _____ Bullemhead.com