Re: [videoblogging] OPML editors out there?

  • Pete Prodoehl
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
      R. Kristiansen wrote:
      > Hey all,
      >
      > Any of you have experience with decent OPML editors that I can use
      > untill I get my hands on the one Dave Winer is working on?
      >
      > I am currently making some opml files here, and manually editing the
      > files take forever.
      >
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated,

      I believe Frontier, which was released as an open-source application for
      Mac OS X and Windows will work fine. What Dave is working on now is
      based off of that, but tailored specifically as an OPML editor... I
      maybe wrong, as I always hacker my version of Frontier to do whatever I
      needed it to do...

      Try here:

      http://kernel.scripting.com/download

      Pete

      --
      http://tinkernet.org/
      videoblog for the future...
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
        Thank you, Pete!

        However, I found that Feedburner feeds don't compute. See this
        screencast (1.5 min):
        http://dltq.org/screencast/frontier1.html (features music by Bre Pettis!)

        Any idea how I can work around that?

        Now, to go read some f***ing manuals :)

        Thanks again!,

        Raymond
        dltq.blogs.com

        On 7/1/05, Pete Prodoehl <raster@...> wrote:
        > I believe Frontier, which was released as an open-source application for
        > Mac OS X and Windows will work fine. What Dave is working on now is
        > based off of that, but tailored specifically as an OPML editor... I
        > maybe wrong, as I always hacker my version of Frontier to do whatever I
        > needed it to do...
        >
        > Try here:
        >
        > http://kernel.scripting.com/download
        >
        > Pete

      • Pete Prodoehl
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
          Raymond, do you have a URL for the OPML file so I could take a look at them?

          Hmmm, I'm starting to think I should have recommended Radio UserLand, as
          I think it's OPML editing was way more advanced than Frontiers. (Though
          not open-source, you can get a demo version good for 30 days I think.)

          Pete

          --
          http://tinkernet.org/
          videoblog for the future...
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
            Okay, now you're making me curious: what in heaven's name are you up to NOW,
            dear Raymond? Hmmm?

            Jan
            [who's happy to be working from 4 pm to 5 am so she can catch up on vloglist
            reading]
            --
            "It isn't done alone."
            http://fauxpress.blogspot.com

            > Raymond, do you have a URL for the OPML file so I could take a look at
            > them?
            >
            > Hmmm, I'm starting to think I should have recommended Radio UserLand, as
            > I think it's OPML editing was way more advanced than Frontiers. (Though
            > not open-source, you can get a demo version good for 30 days I think.)
            >
            > Pete
            >
            > R. Kristiansen wrote:
            >> Thank you, Pete!
            >>
            >> However, I found that Feedburner feeds don't compute. See this
            >> screencast (1.5 min):
            >> http://dltq.org/screencast/frontier1.html (features music by Bre Pettis!)
            >>
            >> Any idea how I can work around that?
            >>
            >> Now, to go read some f***ing manuals :)
            >>
            >> Thanks again!,
            >>
            >> Raymond
            >> dltq.blogs.com
            >>
            >> On 7/1/05, Pete Prodoehl <raster@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>>I believe Frontier, which was released as an open-source application for
            >>>Mac OS X and Windows will work fine. What Dave is working on now is
            >>>based off of that, but tailored specifically as an OPML editor... I
            >>>maybe wrong, as I always hacker my version of Frontier to do whatever I
            >>>needed it to do...
            >>>
            >>>Try here:
            >>>
            >>> http://kernel.scripting.com/download
            >>>
            >>>Pete
            >
            > --
            > http://tinkernet.org/
            > videoblog for the future...

          • v1b3n
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
              Could be working w/ SSP (Slide Show Pro). That's the only OPML
              files I ever use. They work with flickrs API and read the tags in
              my account, loading images in via flash.

              But it could be for something else as well... ;)