[videoblogging] Re: Put your favorite videoblogs on your Palm or Pocket PC

  • kelly belly
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2005
      > H264 isnt proprietary, mov is (to the best of my knowledge). h264
      > compatibility issues are caused by it being new (and needing quite
      > powerful cpu to decode) as opposed to its useablity being controlled
      > by just one company with its own interests at heart (eg wmv).
      >
      > I had no idea that betaplayer could handle .mov files, Im glad it can.

      I'm not all that schooled in this subject (obviously), so thank you
      for correcting me. Since it is generally found in .mov files I had
      just assumed (and we all know what happens when we assume ...)

      On Jun 22, 2005, at 7:33 AM, ecomputerd wrote:

      > Just curious: are you using FeederReader to download directly over
      > the internet to your Pocket PC, or are you transferring vlogs from
      > your desktop?

      I download video on my computer and transfer them to my PPC. I have
      ANT set to automatically download videos, so that gets done while I'm
      sleeping. Then I can pick which ones I want to watch first.

      I've tried out FeederReader in the past; I uninstalled it because I
      found that I really didn't use it much, and I needed the space for
      other programs that I used more often.

      /Kelly
      ---
      http://kellybelly.sytes.net