Re: [videoblogging] Re: PC Software suggestions for vlogging?

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
      I use windows (premier) to create my video and I use quicktime pro 6
      for compression from .avi to .mov, and it works fine ... check out
      Ryann's excellent video on appropriate quicktime .mov settings on
      freevlog.org ... Richard

      On 6/30/05, Gena <compumavengal@...> wrote:
      > Have you downloaded and purchased QuickTime Pro for Windows?
      >
      > It can read .avi files just fine and you can save them to .mov's.
      >
      > I do it all the time. QTP is a little weird but version 7 is supposed
      > to be a little easier to use.

      Richard
      http://www.richardshow.com
    • Michael Verdi
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2005
        You can also use Avid Free DV on a PC to convert to avi to mov. It's
        free.

        -Verdi
        http://michaelverdi.com
        http://freevlog.org

        On Jun 30, 2005, at 11:39 PM, Richard wrote:

        > I use windows (premier) to create my video and I use quicktime pro 6
        > for compression from .avi to .mov, and it works fine ... check out
        > Ryann's excellent video on appropriate quicktime .mov settings on
        > freevlog.org ... Richard
        >
        > On 6/30/05, Gena <compumavengal@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Have you downloaded and purchased QuickTime Pro for Windows?
        >>
        >> It can read .avi files just fine and you can save them to .mov's.
        >>
        >> I do it all the time. QTP is a little weird but version 7 is
        >> supposed
        >> to be a little easier to use.
        >>

        >> Yahoo! Groups Links
        >>

        > --
        > Richard
        > http://www.richardshow.com

      • Devlon
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
          Thanks Micheal,

          Actually I tried Avid, but the on-board sound card in my dell doesn't
          agree with it...I am having a lot more luck with Premiere now...since
          I figured out how to export without it crashing.

          I may pick up a sound card though just in case.

          Great tutorials, btw...I may not even being doing any of this if my
          girlfriend hadn't pointed me to freevlog.org

          -Devlon
          http://8bitme.blogspot.com

          --
          Devlon
        • Andreas Haugstrup
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
            On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 08:54:38 +0200, Michael Verdi
            <michael@...> wrote:

            > You can also use Avid Free DV on a PC to convert to avi to mov. It's
            > free.

            Have you gone through the registration? I got turned off when they pretty
            much asked for my soul in order to download the software.

            - Andreas
            --
            <URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>
          • Michael Verdi
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2005
              Yeah, I don't like giving all that info either. I did it in the
              interest of helping people figure stuff out. In this case it was
              about saving the $30 for QuickTime pro and getting an editor that was
              maybe better than Movie Maker.

              -Verdi
              http://michaelverdi.com
              http://freevlog.org