OPML editors out there?

  • R. Kristiansen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hey all,

      Any of you have experience with decent OPML editors that I can use
      untill I get my hands on the one Dave Winer is working on?

      I am currently making some opml files here, and manually editing the
      files take forever.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated,

      Raymond M. Kristiansen
      raymondmk at gmail dot com
    • v1b3n
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2005
        You can try:

        http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnioutliner/

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "R. Kristiansen"
        <raymondmk@g...> wrote:
        > Hey all,
        >
        > Any of you have experience with decent OPML editors that I can use
        > untill I get my hands on the one Dave Winer is working on?
        >
        > I am currently making some opml files here, and manually editing the
        > files take forever.
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated,
        >
        > Raymond M. Kristiansen
        > raymondmk at gmail dot com
      • Pete Prodoehl
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
          R. Kristiansen wrote:
          > Hey all,
          >
          > Any of you have experience with decent OPML editors that I can use
          > untill I get my hands on the one Dave Winer is working on?
          >
          > I am currently making some opml files here, and manually editing the
          > files take forever.
          >
          > Any help would be greatly appreciated,

          I believe Frontier, which was released as an open-source application for
          Mac OS X and Windows will work fine. What Dave is working on now is
          based off of that, but tailored specifically as an OPML editor... I
          maybe wrong, as I always hacker my version of Frontier to do whatever I
          needed it to do...

          Try here:

          http://kernel.scripting.com/download

          Pete

          --
          http://tinkernet.org/
          videoblog for the future...
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
            Thank you, Pete!

            However, I found that Feedburner feeds don't compute. See this
            screencast (1.5 min):
            http://dltq.org/screencast/frontier1.html (features music by Bre Pettis!)

            Any idea how I can work around that?

            Now, to go read some f***ing manuals :)

            Thanks again!,

            Raymond
            dltq.blogs.com

            On 7/1/05, Pete Prodoehl <raster@...> wrote:
            > I believe Frontier, which was released as an open-source application for
            > Mac OS X and Windows will work fine. What Dave is working on now is
            > based off of that, but tailored specifically as an OPML editor... I
            > maybe wrong, as I always hacker my version of Frontier to do whatever I
            > needed it to do...
            >
            > Try here:
            >
            > http://kernel.scripting.com/download
            >
            > Pete

          • Pete Prodoehl
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
              Raymond, do you have a URL for the OPML file so I could take a look at them?

              Hmmm, I'm starting to think I should have recommended Radio UserLand, as
              I think it's OPML editing was way more advanced than Frontiers. (Though
              not open-source, you can get a demo version good for 30 days I think.)

              Pete

              --
              http://tinkernet.org/
              videoblog for the future...
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
                Okay, now you're making me curious: what in heaven's name are you up to NOW,
                dear Raymond? Hmmm?

                Jan
                [who's happy to be working from 4 pm to 5 am so she can catch up on vloglist
                reading]
                --
                "It isn't done alone."
                http://fauxpress.blogspot.com

                > Raymond, do you have a URL for the OPML file so I could take a look at
                > them?
                >
                > Hmmm, I'm starting to think I should have recommended Radio UserLand, as
                > I think it's OPML editing was way more advanced than Frontiers. (Though
                > not open-source, you can get a demo version good for 30 days I think.)
                >
                > Pete
                >
                > R. Kristiansen wrote:
                >> Thank you, Pete!
                >>
                >> However, I found that Feedburner feeds don't compute. See this
                >> screencast (1.5 min):
                >> http://dltq.org/screencast/frontier1.html (features music by Bre Pettis!)
                >>
                >> Any idea how I can work around that?
                >>
                >> Now, to go read some f***ing manuals :)
                >>
                >> Thanks again!,
                >>
                >> Raymond
                >> dltq.blogs.com
                >>
                >> On 7/1/05, Pete Prodoehl <raster@...> wrote:
                >>
                >>>I believe Frontier, which was released as an open-source application for
                >>>Mac OS X and Windows will work fine. What Dave is working on now is
                >>>based off of that, but tailored specifically as an OPML editor... I
                >>>maybe wrong, as I always hacker my version of Frontier to do whatever I
                >>>needed it to do...
                >>>
                >>>Try here:
                >>>
                >>> http://kernel.scripting.com/download
                >>>
                >>>Pete
                >
                > --
                > http://tinkernet.org/
                > videoblog for the future...

              • v1b3n
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 1, 2005
                  Could be working w/ SSP (Slide Show Pro). That's the only OPML
                  files I ever use. They work with flickrs API and read the tags in
                  my account, loading images in via flash.

                  But it could be for something else as well... ;)