Re: [videoblogging] Re: Videoblogging with Flashcom

  • Steve Garfield
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2005
      Hi,
      I like the message from Schappie the crocodile!

      There are a number of Flash based solutions that allow people to post
      video directly online. audioblog.com, A/V Userplane, video add on,
      etc.

      The things to consider with these tools are:

      1. Do they allow direct posting to a blog, or do you have to copy HTML
      from the tool over to your blog?
      2. Do they embed a .mov file within the post, in addition to the Flash
      video, to allow subscription via RSS 2.0 aggregators?

      I like your comments site, but there's no way for me to link to a
      comment directly, like that crocodile one that I like.

      The advantage of creating video directly online and posting it directly
      to a blog is that it almost makes it as easy as writing a text blog
      post.

      So it's a great way to get people posting video online. Once they get
      a taste and sample what is out there they can move on to shooting and
      editing prior to uploading.

      Keep in mind that sites like audioblog.com, in addition to allowing
      online recording of video, also allow you to post a saved .avi file
      from your local disk.

      --Steve

      On Jun 29, 2005, at 6:46 AM, Zadi wrote:

      >> One of the chapters is about Videoblogs and Videoguestbook (I
      >> developed one myself, it's at
      >> http://www.videoguestbook.de/en/user.html if you wanna leave a message
      >> ;-) So I'm wondering if anyone here has done Videobloggin with a
      >> Flashcom Solution and wants to share his or her experience. Also I'd
      >> be interested if you'd see the possiblity to create a video directly
      >> online as a great advantage, or if you mostly shoot the videos
      >> seperately, so you can do some editing before putting them online.

      --Steve
      --
      Home Page - http://stevegarfield.com
      Video Blog - http://stevegarfield.blogs.com