Thank you!

  • Erin Nealey
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hey, this is my first post here (just joined yesterday). Been reading all the
      posts.. and this may be completely off topic, but I wanted to share how I came
      to video blog. I started this about a month ago and am so fascinated by it all. I
      watch more vlogs these days than TV! Anyway, I have been making movies
      of my kids with iMovie for quite sometime now. Usually, only family sees it,
      and that's if I can find the time to create, edit and put these videos on DVD or
      VHS cassette (which rarely happens). Awhile back, my dad brought me
      iMovie3 & iDVD: The Missing Manual, to read through so I could improve my
      filming and editing skills. I was reading the chapter about putting movies on
      the web and although it doesn't come right out and say you can post them on
      a blog, I decided to search online to see what my options were. I found Steve
      Garfield's video blog and enjoyed watching that, and then found others like
      momentshowing, and Josh Leo's. I just kind of watched these guys for awhile
      while I contemplated doing the same. After awhile, I decided to get set up and
      followed the step-by-step instructions on FreeVlog. I had my own vlog with a
      video on it within about an hour. A few days later, Jay Dedman helped me get
      set up correctly with ANT, and Michael Verdi helped me with compression
      issues. Everyone has been so helpful and I'm actually getting a few people
      visit my site, which is surprising! I originally started this vlog with the idea of
      having my family and friends visit... but my eyes have been opened now to the
      possibility of meeting new people and getting (and giving) feedback to others
      who share my interest in video making. Thanks to everyone who has helped
      me, and visited my page. I think this is something that I'm going to stick with!
      THANKS!!
    • Joshua Kinberg
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
        Where's your blog and your feed?
        Rock.
        -Josh

        On 6/2/05, Erin Nealey <schmee@...> wrote:
        > Hey, this is my first post here (just joined yesterday). Been reading all the
        > posts.. and this may be completely off topic, but I wanted to share how I came
        > to video blog. I started this about a month ago and am so fascinated by it all. I
        > watch more vlogs these days than TV! Anyway, I have been making movies
        > of my kids with iMovie for quite sometime now. Usually, only family sees it,
        > and that's if I can find the time to create, edit and put these videos on DVD or
        > VHS cassette (which rarely happens). Awhile back, my dad brought me
        > iMovie3 & iDVD: The Missing Manual, to read through so I could improve my
        > filming and editing skills. I was reading the chapter about putting movies on
        > the web and although it doesn't come right out and say you can post them on
        > a blog, I decided to search online to see what my options were. I found Steve
        > Garfield's video blog and enjoyed watching that, and then found others like
        > momentshowing, and Josh Leo's. I just kind of watched these guys for awhile
        > while I contemplated doing the same. After awhile, I decided to get set up and
        > followed the step-by-step instructions on FreeVlog. I had my own vlog with a
        > video on it within about an hour. A few days later, Jay Dedman helped me get
        > set up correctly with ANT, and Michael Verdi helped me with compression
        > issues. Everyone has been so helpful and I'm actually getting a few people
        > visit my site, which is surprising! I originally started this vlog with the idea of
        > having my family and friends visit... but my eyes have been opened now to the
        > possibility of meeting new people and getting (and giving) feedback to others
        > who share my interest in video making. Thanks to everyone who has helped
        > me, and visited my page. I think this is something that I'm going to stick with!
        > THANKS!!
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • R. Kristiansen
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
          This is a great testament as to how this community, through some
          outposts, can draw in people. We need more people like Jay, or
          Michael, who can help "newbies" with such issues. I just want you all
          to know that if you are a PC user, you can email me at raymondmk at
          gmail dot com if you have any questions. However, I am no expert, hah.

          Erin, where is your videoblog? Did you just forget to post it or would
          you rather want to keep it to the family and close friends? In either
          case: Welcome! :)

          Best,

          Raymond M. Kristiansen
          http://dltq.blogs.com

          On 6/2/05, Erin Nealey <schmee@...> wrote:
          > Hey, this is my first post here (just joined yesterday). Been reading all
          > the
          > posts.. and this may be completely off topic, but I wanted to share how I
          > came
          > to video blog. I started this about a month ago and am so fascinated by it
          > all. I
          > watch more vlogs these days than TV! Anyway, I have been making movies
          > of my kids with iMovie for quite sometime now. Usually, only family sees
          > it,
          > and that's if I can find the time to create, edit and put these videos on
          > DVD or
          > VHS cassette (which rarely happens). Awhile back, my dad brought me
          > iMovie3 & iDVD: The Missing Manual, to read through so I could improve my
          > filming and editing skills. I was reading the chapter about putting movies
          > on
          > the web and although it doesn't come right out and say you can post them on
          > a blog, I decided to search online to see what my options were. I found
          > Steve
          > Garfield's video blog and enjoyed watching that, and then found others like
          > momentshowing, and Josh Leo's. I just kind of watched these guys for awhile
          > while I contemplated doing the same. After awhile, I decided to get set up
          > and
          > followed the step-by-step instructions on FreeVlog. I had my own vlog with
          > video on it within about an hour. A few days later, Jay Dedman helped me
          > get
          > set up correctly with ANT, and Michael Verdi helped me with compression
          > issues. Everyone has been so helpful and I'm actually getting a few people
          > visit my site, which is surprising! I originally started this vlog with the
          > idea of
          > having my family and friends visit... but my eyes have been opened now to
          > the
          > possibility of meeting new people and getting (and giving) feedback to
          > others
          > who share my interest in video making. Thanks to everyone who has helped
          > me, and visited my page. I think this is something that I'm going to stick
          > with!
          > THANKS!!

        • Erin Nealey
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
            Whoops.. meant to post that! :-)

            Blog: http://www.nealey.blogspot.com
            Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/MomsBragBlog

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <jkinberg@g...>
            wrote:
            > Where's your blog and your feed?
            > Rock.
            > -Josh
          • Ryan Ozawa
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
              --- "R. Kristiansen" <raymondmk@g...> wrote:
              > Erin, where is your videoblog? Did you just forget to post it or
              > would you rather want to keep it to the family and close friends?
              > either case: Welcome! :)

              I believe Erin is behind "Mom's Brag Vlog," at:

              http://nealey.blogspot.com/

              I found her a little while ago via Mefeedia, I think.

              Yay!

              Ryan
            • Rynaldo Papoy
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
                I am here.

                I am from Brazil and want to talk about videocasting and videoblogging.

                Rynaldo Papoy

                Yahoo! Mail
              • Rynaldo Papoy
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 6, 2006
                  Let's talk about videoblogging.

                  I am from Brazil and here we don't have many videoblogs.

                  Rynaldo Papoy

                • Gena
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 7, 2006
                    Welcome! This is a diverse group. Sometimes the conversations jump
                    from the technical to the philosophical. Then there is that run-away
                    train kind of topic that makes people nuts.

                    The best way to get a response is to just ask a question or express a
                    thought. There is no question too simple or complex and I am sure
                    someone out of 2,000+ folks will have an answer for you.

                    Cute baby by the way!

                    Keep the faith and keep vlogging.

                    Gena
                    http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
                    http://gena.blip.tv

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rynaldo Papoy
                    <rynaldopapoy@...> wrote:

                    > I am here.
                    >
                    > I am from Brazil and want to talk about videocasting and
                    videoblogging.

                    > http://pedrinho.castpost.com
                    > http://pedrinho2.castpost.com
                    >
                    > Rynaldo Papoy
                    >

                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Yahoo! Mail

                  • rynaldopapoy
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 7, 2006
                      Thank you very much, bro, I got my first videoclip here:

                      http://theone.castpost.com

                      Rynaldo Papoy

                      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Gena" <compumavengal@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Welcome! This is a diverse group. Sometimes the conversations jump
                      > from the technical to the philosophical. Then there is that run-
                      away
                      > train kind of topic that makes people nuts.
                      >
                      > The best way to get a response is to just ask a question or
                      express a
                      > thought. There is no question too simple or complex and I am sure
                      > someone out of 2,000+ folks will have an answer for you.
                      >
                      > Cute baby by the way!
                      >
                      > Keep the faith and keep vlogging.
                      >
                      > Gena
                      > http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
                      > http://gena.blip.tv
                      >
                      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rynaldo Papoy
                      > <rynaldopapoy@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I am here.
                      > >
                      > > I am from Brazil and want to talk about videocasting and
                      > videoblogging.
                      > >
                      > > http://pedrinho.castpost.com
                      > > http://pedrinho2.castpost.com
                      > >
                      > > Rynaldo Papoy
                      > >

                      > > ---------------------------------
                      > > Yahoo! Mail
                      > > Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

                    • Michael Sean Kaminsky
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 1, 2009
                        hey all - i had a blast watching the vlomo videos as well as making my own.
                        thanks to the videoblogging group and to rupert for suggesting the video
                        chain!! let's do it every month!;) (i'm only half joking - logistics aside
                        it would be fun.)

                        michael sean

                      • reeanne123
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 28, 2010
                          What a nice welcome...I can see that this group is passionate about
                          vblogging! :)

                          Thanks for the welcome Steve E. -- Markus S. and David J., I really
                          appreciate your timely input. You've both given me some things to think
                          about here. Let me gather my thoughts, and then provide an update with
                          answers to your questions.

                          I'm feeling inspired. [;;)]

                          Ree

                        • Steve Eisenberg
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 28, 2010
                            What did Markus S and David J ask you? Willing to share? That might spark a
                            few questions to add to the list.

                            On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...> wrote:

                            > What a nice welcome...I can see that this group is passionate about
                            > vblogging! :)
                            >
                            > Thanks for the welcome Steve E. -- Markus S. and David J., I really
                            > appreciate your timely input. You've both given me some things to think
                            > about here. Let me gather my thoughts, and then provide an update with
                            > answers to your questions.
                            >
                            > I'm feeling inspired. [;;)]
                            >
                            > Ree

                          • Marie G.
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 28, 2010
                              Hi Steve E.,

                              Yes, I was wondering if there is a way to have a continuous thread for each conversation, or if you have to open each post separately to see what has previously been said.

                              I'll state the questions when I respond. : )

                              Thanks,
                              Ree

                              What did Markus S and David J ask you? Willing to share? That might spark a
                              few questions to add to the list.

                              On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...> wrote:

                              > What a nice welcome...I can see that this group is passionate about
                              > vblogging! :)
                              >
                              > Thanks for the welcome Steve E. -- Markus S. and David J., I really
                              > appreciate your timely input. You've both given me some things to think
                              > about here. Let me gather my thoughts, and then provide an update with
                              > answers to your questions.
                              >
                              > I'm feeling inspired. [;;)]
                              >
                              > Ree

                            • Markus Sandy
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 28, 2010
                                On Jun 28, 2010, at 8:57 PM, Steve Eisenberg wrote:

                                > What did Markus S and David J ask you? Willing to share? That might
                                > spark a
                                > few questions to add to the list.
                                >
                                > On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...>
                                > wrote:

                                I was wondering why you asked this question, but then i looked and saw
                                that it is very hard to follow this thread and the previous hello
                                thread on yahoo!

                                because of the common titles they are linking all the old posts that
                                had hello (or thank you) as title going back 2005.

                                my mac email client does this too at times when it aggregates what it
                                thinks are threaded responses

                                anyone know a way to ask yahoo page for a listing of a thread in
                                descending date order? I don't see it offhand.

                                luckily it's easy to follow through email, but definitely harder to
                                follow from web site.

                                Steve, If that's why it's hard to follow, I certainly understand.
                                Here's what David and I wrote.

                                > Begin forwarded message:
                                >
                                >> Hi Ree
                                >> See my beginner story here:
                                >>
                                >> I say forget Blogger, set up your own website from day one using
                                >> Wordpress.
                                >> Web hosting costs as little as a few dollars a month and that will
                                >> get
                                >> you single click install for Wordpress and other blogs. You usually
                                >> get a free domain name too, if not it's under $10/year. Forget using
                                >> anything other than Wordpress though, it's the standard and is easy
                                >> use.
                                >> I use Hostmonster.com for hosting, but there are countless others.
                                >> Make sure your web host has SimpleScripts single click install for
                                >> Wordpress.
                                >> Get your site theme right from day one and stick with it.
                                >>
                                >> The PodPress plugin for Wordpress allows you to easily create an
                                >> iTunes compatible feed. Feedburner is good for the RSS feed.
                                >> I use Handbrake to generate a Podcast version of my blog for those
                                >> that view on mobiles/iPhone etc.
                                >>
                                >> You would want to have a very good reason to use anything other than
                                >> Youtube to host your videos, as that's how people are usually going
                                >> search for and find you.
                                >>
                                >> As for monetising your blog, it takes time (and content+views) to
                                >> become a Youtube partner. But that doesn't stop you putting Google
                                >> Adsense ads on your Wordpress blog from the start.
                                >>
                                >> What do you mean exactly by remote interviewing?
                                >>
                                >> Regards
                                >> Dave.

                                Begin forwarded message:

                                > Welcome Ree!
                                >
                                > Good topics. You came to the right place.
                                >
                                > Got a vlog yet? url? feed? What kind of videoblogging projects or
                                > sites are you contemplating?
                                >
                                > Over the years, I've gone from Blogger to my own WordPress site to
                                > Drupal for larger projects. Over the years, I've been quite
                                > impressed with blogger+youtube as tools, but not quite as happy from
                                > a TOS/rights standpoint when compared to running my own site and
                                > using hosting providers like blip.tv, who support Creative Commons
                                > licensing and cross posting to the Internet Archive. In the end, I
                                > use whatever option is appropriate for the job at hand. I love to
                                > teach and still find the old freevlogger path starting at blogger
                                > the most accessible to the greatest number of people, especially
                                > those who don't care to geek out on the technology like some of us.
                                >
                                > Many of us are interested in open source solutions, quality and
                                > keeping costs down and so you are in good company. :)
                                >
                                > Markus
                                > http://ojaidigitaldojo.net

                              • Markus Sandy
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 28, 2010
                                  On Jun 28, 2010, at 10:39 PM, Markus Sandy wrote:

                                  > anyone know a way to ask yahoo page for a listing of a thread in
                                  > descending date order? I don't see it offhand.

                                  found it!

                                  right where you'd think.

                                  sort is in the column header

                                  two clicks makes it much more readable

                                • Marie G.
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 29, 2010
                                    That's excellent!  Very much appreciated. I'll use more unique subject titles in the future!
                                    Ree