Greetings!

  • geminithesecond
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
      Greetings and salutations to all!

      I just wanted to introduce myself as an upcoming videoblogger. I have
      been given a crash course on "everything I need to know about
      vlogging" by my friend, Nathan Peters (www.modernsingledad.com)and I'm
      excited to say the least. Nathan has been kind enough to lend me a
      camera so I can begin getting some video together. So far I haven't
      had much time, but I do have my blogsite and feedburner all setup, so
      once I get a vlog, I'll be ready to start syndicating.

      I will post here once I get the first vlog published, so you can
      comment or complain as you see fit. I look forard to being part of
      this community and checking out even more of your vlogsites. Hope to
      see you all soon (and have you see me)

      Jay
    • geminithesecond
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
        In my haste, I completely forgot to post my site. I'm located at My
        Side of the Gemini via http://mysideofthegemini.blogspot.com and my
        feed is via http://feeds.feedburner.com/MySideoftheGemini

        Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated! Hoping to get video up
        before the end of the week!

        Jay

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "geminithesecond"
        <gemini.ii.333@g...> wrote:
        > Greetings and salutations to all!
        >
        > I just wanted to introduce myself as an upcoming videoblogger. I have
        > been given a crash course on "everything I need to know about
        > vlogging" by my friend, Nathan Peters (www.modernsingledad.com)and I'm
        > excited to say the least. Nathan has been kind enough to lend me a
        > camera so I can begin getting some video together. So far I haven't
        > had much time, but I do have my blogsite and feedburner all setup, so
        > once I get a vlog, I'll be ready to start syndicating.
        >
        > I will post here once I get the first vlog published, so you can
        > comment or complain as you see fit. I look forard to being part of
        > this community and checking out even more of your vlogsites. Hope to
        > see you all soon (and have you see me)
        >
        > Jay
      • jachbla
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 16, 2006
          Hi
          My name is Chris and I'm new here-I just wanted to say hello to everyone.
          I'm new to the world of vlogging but I've been working with video and stuff for several years. I've started my own vlog which is a sort of experimental video thing. I wanted to be realistic and commit myself to just one post a week. It's easy for someone to get too excited and make several posts a week at first, only to run out of steam when other commitments arise. I've been blogging for awhile as well but producing video is more time-consuming than posting text (but extremely rewarding!).
          Anyway, just wanted to properly introduce myself to the group. I look forward to contributing what I can to the community.

          Thanks,
          Chris

          here's a link to my vlog :FutureSpots
                                                        and the RSS feed
          I also did a short writeup  in my blog about Vloggercon, which I went to last weekend, if anyone's interested.
        • Markus Sandy
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 16, 2006
            welcome chris!
            interesting vlog and blog
            i like all your schwag :)

            markus

            --

            Markus Sandy

            http://apperceptions.org
            http://spinflow.org
          • Edmund Yeo
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 16, 2006
              Heya Chris,

              I'm Edmund, the only Malaysian in this mailing list, I think (well, at
              least I know I'm the first ever Malaysian who got listed on that
              vlogmap, hohohoho!!), like your vlog, it's great stuff.

              And I agree with how time-consuming producing videos are, that's why I
              generally put up only a few videos a month (most of my other entries
              are written entries, or film and book reviews).

              Edmund
              http://swiftywriting.blogspot.com

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "jachbla" <jachbla@...> wrote:

              > Hi
              > My name is Chris and I'm new here-I just wanted to say hello to
              > everyone.
              > I'm new to the world of vlogging but I've been working with video and
              > stuff for several years. I've started my own vlog which is a sort of
              > experimental video thing. I wanted to be realistic and commit myself to
              > just one post a week. It's easy for someone to get too excited and make
              > several posts a week at first, only to run out of steam when other
              > commitments arise. I've been blogging for awhile as well but producing
              > video is more time-consuming than posting text (but extremely
              > rewarding!).
              > Anyway, just wanted to properly introduce myself to the group. I look
              > forward to contributing what I can to the community.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Chris
              >
              > here's a link to my vlog :FutureSpots <http://futurespots.blogspot.com/>
              > and the RSS
              > feed <http://feeds.feedburner.com/Futurespots>
              > I also did a short writeup
              > <http://www.2wopoint.com/2006/06/15/vloggercon-2006-observations/> in
              > my blog about Vloggercon, which I went to last weekend, if anyone's
              > interested.

            • Patrick Cook
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 17, 2006
                Hi everyone:

                On 6/16/06, Edmund Yeo <eswiftfire@...> wrote:
                And I agree with how time-consuming producing videos are, that's why I
                generally put up only a few videos a month (most of my other entries
                are written entries, or film and book reviews).

                But once you get a system going, it's a piece of cake.  I suppose it's the one reason why I'd rather make iPod-compatible MP4 videos than ANYTHING that even SMELLS of Windows Media.

                Now if I can just develop a system for posting MY PODCASTS from my iRiver, I'd REALLY be a happy camper.  :)  *LOL!*

                Cheers  :)

                --
                Pat Cook
                Host - Pat's VideoCast
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 17, 2006
                  One of the reasons the stuff I'm currently doing can take so long is
                  that a lot of it is effected-the "splinters" clip took weeks because of
                  the effects. I'm a full time student and work a day job full-time too,
                  so that adds to the time it takes.

                  As far as tools, workflow, etc...I have lots of stuff that I use when
                  working on a project. I prefer using iMovie because it's so darn easy
                  and quick, but I have Final Cut when I need a little more control over
                  things. I also use Photoshop and After Effects sometimes, depending on
                  what I need.

                  But mostly I want to simplify things as much as possible. I use whatever
                  I think is best to express myself for each situation.

                  Chris