Re: [videoblogging] 'Vlogsurf' - my surfing of vloglorious video aggregated to you

  • Josh Leo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      Thanks for the links Raymond, but on the .info page explaining the del.icio.us feed, it says to link directly to the video, I understnad that this is for creating a feed with enclosures, but it doesnt do justice to the people wo make the videos themselves, they get bypassed in the whole scheme of things. along the lines of what Clint was saying about trackbacks and links, I thinkt that linking to the post itslef is more beneficial for the system. I just wish there was a way to link to people's sites and videos to get eh best of both worlds
      --
      Josh Leo

      www.joshleo.com
    • Michael Sullivan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        >I just wish there was a way to link to
        people's sites and videos to get eh best of both worlds

        ie. http://vlogdir.com/permalink/157

        just a click to open vlog site or click to load RSS enclosure feed and watch media quickly.

        it's a permalink page and might be the closest thing so far to having a profile with quick access to your site and media.

        sull

        On 6/1/05, Josh Leo <joshleo@...> wrote:
        Thanks for the links Raymond, but on the .info page explaining the del.icio.us feed, it says to link directly to the video, I understnad that this is for creating a feed with enclosures, but it doesnt do justice to the people wo make the videos themselves, they get bypassed in the whole scheme of things. along the lines of what Clint was saying about trackbacks and links, I thinkt that linking to the post itslef is more beneficial for the system. I just wish there was a way to link to people's sites and videos to get eh best of both worlds
        --
        Josh Leo

        www.joshleo.com

        sull
        http://vlogdir.com -is- The Videoblog Directory
        http://interdigitate.com -is- my personal site
      • Josh Leo
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          Is there any way to make a filter/special picks feed with enclosures (the videos themselves) but then also have the comment button in ANT go to the post rather than my feed site
          --
          Josh Leo

          www.joshleo.com
        • Richard
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005

            At 07:30 PM 6/1/2005, you wrote:
            Is there any way to make a filter/special picks feed with enclosures (the videos themselves) but then also have the comment button in ANT go to the post rather than my feed site
            --
            Josh Leo

            www.joshleo.com

            **********************************
            Richard
            http://www.richardshow.com
            ***********************************

          • R. Kristiansen
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
              On 6/2/05, Richard <richard@...> wrote:
              > unless I misunderstand, which is very possible, it is supposed to go to the
              > post, where you can comment - but maybe you're wanting something different
              > ... if not, you might want to check with the ant list (
              > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ANTnotTV) ... Richard

              With the "vlogsurf", the "post" will in fact be the del.icio.us entry.
              However, I will link to the original blog entry on the description
              field, of course. No context should be lost.

              And by the way, "vlogsurf" is just my take on good vlogs out there. I
              could just as well have called it "raymondmkristiansensvlogsurfing"
              but if the first tag suffices, there is no need for the latter.

              Best,

              Raymond M. Kristiansen
              Yes! I am from Norway, Europe! Come all yee euro-bashers.
              http://dltq.blogs.com