'Vlogsurf' - my surfing of vloglorious video aggregated to you

  • R. Kristiansen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      Today I set up a link-vlog through del.icio.us (as Michael Meiser has
      documented a how-to here:
      http://www.videoblogging.info/archives/using-delicious-to-make-a-video-feed/
      )

      "Vlogsurf" is my daily surfing of vlogs I like. They might be old vlog
      entries, or new ones, bizarre ones or just plain interesting. Consider
      it my playlist into your ANT.

      The del.icio.us bucket is: http://del.icio.us/dltq/vlogsurf
      and the RSS with enclosures feed is at:
      http://feeds.feedburner.com/vlogsurf

      - As a side note I can mention that I considered making the feedburner
      feed take the global "vlogsurf" tag (I am currently the only one using
      this tag), but I dont want to proclaim ownership over a generic word
      as "vlogsurf". However, if others decide to use a similar tag in
      del.icio.us we could later create a collaborative feed of videos that
      we like or find interesting.

      The good thing about tagging in del.icio.us is that it takes so little time.

      Josh Leo: Jon Udell has a pretty good screencast on del.icio.us here:
      http://weblog.infoworld.com/udell/2005/03/14.html

      Best,

      Raymond M. Kristiansen
      http://dltq.blogs.com
    • Josh Leo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        Thanks for the links Raymond, but on the .info page explaining the del.icio.us feed, it says to link directly to the video, I understnad that this is for creating a feed with enclosures, but it doesnt do justice to the people wo make the videos themselves, they get bypassed in the whole scheme of things. along the lines of what Clint was saying about trackbacks and links, I thinkt that linking to the post itslef is more beneficial for the system. I just wish there was a way to link to people's sites and videos to get eh best of both worlds
        --
        Josh Leo

        www.joshleo.com
      • Michael Sullivan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          >I just wish there was a way to link to
          people's sites and videos to get eh best of both worlds

          ie. http://vlogdir.com/permalink/157

          just a click to open vlog site or click to load RSS enclosure feed and watch media quickly.

          it's a permalink page and might be the closest thing so far to having a profile with quick access to your site and media.

          sull

          On 6/1/05, Josh Leo <joshleo@...> wrote:
          Thanks for the links Raymond, but on the .info page explaining the del.icio.us feed, it says to link directly to the video, I understnad that this is for creating a feed with enclosures, but it doesnt do justice to the people wo make the videos themselves, they get bypassed in the whole scheme of things. along the lines of what Clint was saying about trackbacks and links, I thinkt that linking to the post itslef is more beneficial for the system. I just wish there was a way to link to people's sites and videos to get eh best of both worlds
          --
          Josh Leo

          www.joshleo.com

          sull
          http://vlogdir.com -is- The Videoblog Directory
          http://interdigitate.com -is- my personal site
        • Josh Leo
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
            Is there any way to make a filter/special picks feed with enclosures (the videos themselves) but then also have the comment button in ANT go to the post rather than my feed site
            --
            Josh Leo

            www.joshleo.com
          • Richard
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005

              At 07:30 PM 6/1/2005, you wrote:
              Is there any way to make a filter/special picks feed with enclosures (the videos themselves) but then also have the comment button in ANT go to the post rather than my feed site
              --
              Josh Leo

              www.joshleo.com

              **********************************
              Richard
              http://www.richardshow.com
              ***********************************

            • R. Kristiansen
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
                On 6/2/05, Richard <richard@...> wrote:
                > unless I misunderstand, which is very possible, it is supposed to go to the
                > post, where you can comment - but maybe you're wanting something different
                > ... if not, you might want to check with the ant list (
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ANTnotTV) ... Richard

                With the "vlogsurf", the "post" will in fact be the del.icio.us entry.
                However, I will link to the original blog entry on the description
                field, of course. No context should be lost.

                And by the way, "vlogsurf" is just my take on good vlogs out there. I
                could just as well have called it "raymondmkristiansensvlogsurfing"
                but if the first tag suffices, there is no need for the latter.

                Best,

                Raymond M. Kristiansen
                Yes! I am from Norway, Europe! Come all yee euro-bashers.
                http://dltq.blogs.com