Videoconference II for this week

  • Markus Sandy
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
      The second video conference for the week is scheduled for 1 hour from
      now for those who find this time convenient.

      Open agenda.

      Conference:
      http://flash.kmi.open.ac.uk:8080/flashmeeting/index.php?code=f809aa-1148&room=fm1148

      Wiki: http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences

      --

      Markus Sandy
      http://apperceptions.org
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
        Sorry I missed this. Things are a little crazy for me right now.

      • Chris K
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
          Me too, I am in the middle of dance video production season for the
          local dance studios, and a bunch of out of town studios. This is my
          bread and butter month, so I'll probably miss all the fun!

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
            Hi,

            We can schedule one anytime folks are interested and we hope to keep them going, so please join when you can.

            Next one is scheduled for "Thursday" (tomorrow), 4pm GMT / 12noon EST (room opens 20 min early for warming up).

            url for next conference: http://flash.kmi.open.ac.uk:8080/flashmeeting/index.php?code=8da871-1149&room=fm1149
            see wiki for all info: http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences

            During the last meeting, the general idea of agendas came up and the specific idea of occasionally inviting "guests" to the meeting was discussed.  This could be a shaker/mover, a celeb or expert for example.  Any thoughts on that?  Should we ask someone like Marc Canter or JD to spend an evening with us?  Would they?  Who would you wish to meet with?  This is not a suggestion to halt "videoblogger" meets in favor of this, it is just a possible addition.  Some felt that politicians would never do it, but that tech leaders and experts might.

            Markus

            Chris K wrote:
            Me too, I am in the middle of dance video production season for the
            local dance studios, and a bunch of out of town studios. This is my
            bread and butter month, so I'll probably miss all the fun!

            On 6/1/05, jonny goldstein <spamjonny@...> wrote:

            Sorry I missed this. Things are a little crazy for me right now.

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@a...> wrote:

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            --

            Markus Sandy
            http://apperceptions.org

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
              > During the last meeting, the general idea of agendas came up and the
              > specific idea of occasionally inviting "guests" to the meeting was
              > discussed. This could be a shaker/mover, a celeb or expert for example.
              > Any thoughts on that? Should we ask someone like Marc Canter or JD to spend
              > an evening with us? Would they? Who would you wish to meet with? This is
              > not a suggestion to halt "videoblogger" meets in favor of this, it is just a
              > possible addition. Some felt that politicians would never do it, but that
              > tech leaders and experts might.

              id love to get someone like Brewster Kahle of the Internet Archiveto join us.
              lets get people we want to talk to.
              they'll be flattered.

              jay
            • Richard
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                At 03:46 PM 6/1/2005, you wrote:

                I would love to have someone from the internet archive ...

                >id love to get someone like Brewster Kahle of the Internet Archiveto join us.
                >lets get people we want to talk to.
                >they'll be flattered.
                >
                >jay

                **********************************
                Richard
                http://www.richardshow.com
                ***********************************
              • Josh Leo
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005

                  I would love to talk with some of the guys from blogger. Maybe they can make it a little easier for us video-bloggers...though I don't know considering their lack of initiative to include some pretty basic features.

                  --
                  Josh Leo

                  www.joshleo.com
                • Chris K
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                    I don't really know what they could do, what sort of issues are you
                    having that you would like to see resolved? What sort of improvements
                    could they make? I've never really thought that much about it
                    considering it's just a free service where I imagine they would ignore
                    any ideas that were too radical.

                    On 6/1/05, Josh Leo <joshleo@...> wrote:

                    > I would love to talk with some of the guys from blogger. Maybe they can make
                    > it a little easier for us video-bloggers...though I don't know considering
                    > their lack of initiative to include some pretty basic features.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Josh Leo
                    >
                    > www.joshleo.com

                    -Chris
                  • Markus Sandy
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                      The Thursday 4pm-6pm GMT (noon-2pm EST) will start in about 30 minutes
                      for those who find this time convenient.

                      Room opens for setup of audio/video 20 minutes prior.

                      See wiki for more info.

                      Room:
                      http://flash.kmi.open.ac.uk:8080/flashmeeting/index.php?code=8da871-1149&room=fm1149

                      Wiki: http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences
                    • johngaltsjournal
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                        Dangnabbit, I just missed it!!!

                        One of these days I'm going to make it on time. Confound you, Mr Time!!
                        schlomo
                        http://schlomolog.blogspot.com