Videoconference LATER ON TODAY

  • Steve Garfield
    Message 1 of 16 , May 31, 2005
      Videoblogger Videoconference LATER ON TODAY:

      * Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 8 p.m. EST (Midnight GMT)

      The link to join is here:
      http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences

      See you at 8:00...

      --Steve
      http://stevegarfield.com
    • R. Kristiansen
      Message 2 of 16 , May 31, 2005
        aww, I will be on the night bus from Oslo to Bergen then. Anyone have
        a GSM number I can text to? Heh, I could send you text messages from
        Norway, but I would have no way to get any feed back from the net to
        me (my phone subscription doesnt work with wap/grps at the moment -
        and I am a Norwegian - we should all be on the front of the mobile
        phone technology use, right)

        So, in either case, if you are a sms person, you can text me at +47
        98058459 and ask for specific video footage from the bus ride through
        the Norwegian mountains.

        Raymond

        On 5/31/05, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:
        > Videoblogger Videoconference LATER ON TODAY:
      • Ian Mills
        Message 3 of 16 , May 31, 2005
          I'll be there for sure. I love these.

          - Ian

          On 5/31/05, R. Kristiansen <raymondmk@...> wrote:
          > aww, I will be on the night bus from Oslo to Bergen then. Anyone have
          > a GSM number I can text to? Heh, I could send you text messages from
          > Norway, but I would have no way to get any feed back from the net to
          > me (my phone subscription doesnt work with wap/grps at the moment -
          > and I am a Norwegian - we should all be on the front of the mobile
          > phone technology use, right)
          >
          > So, in either case, if you are a sms person, you can text me at +47
          > 98058459 and ask for specific video footage from the bus ride through
          > the Norwegian mountains.
          >
          > Raymond
          >
          > On 5/31/05, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:
          > > Videoblogger Videoconference LATER ON TODAY:

          www.the05project.com
        • courtwms777
          Message 4 of 16 , May 31, 2005
            Dang it! Missed it again! :-( I tried logging on during the final 10
            minutes... but it got 'hung' trying to connect. Geez....

            Oh, well.. maybe next week. Hopefully I'll get to review the
            FlashMeeting Memo video....as soon as Steve puts up the link :-)

            Thanks Steve for keeping us posted..even if I *did* miss the boat again.

            Sigh.

            Courtney

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Garfield <steve@o...> wrote:
            > Videoblogger Videoconference LATER ON TODAY:
            >
            > * Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 8 p.m. EST (Midnight GMT)
            >
            > The link to join is here:
            > http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences
            >
            > See you at 8:00...
            >
            > --Steve
            > http://stevegarfield.com
          • Thomas G Henry
            Message 5 of 16 , May 31, 2005
              anyone have that IM list? dang thang closed b4 I copied it...

              On 5/31/05, courtwms777 <courtwms777@... > wrote:
              Dang it! Missed it again! :-(  I tried logging on during the final 10
              minutes... but it got 'hung' trying to connect. Geez....

              Oh, well.. maybe next week. Hopefully I'll get to review the
              FlashMeeting Memo video....as soon as Steve puts up the link :-)

              Thanks Steve for keeping us posted..even if I *did* miss the boat again.

              Sigh.

              Courtney

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Garfield <steve@o...> wrote:
              > Videoblogger Videoconference LATER ON TODAY:
              >
              > * Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 8 p.m. EST (Midnight GMT)
              >
              > The link to join is here:
              > http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences
              >
              > See you at 8:00...
              >
              > --Steve
              > http://stevegarfield.com

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              --
              Thomas G Henry
              Producer, DJ, Promoter, Performer

              CABAREt VOLTROn :: INDIe80sELECTRoPUNkDISCoPARTy EVERY 4TH SATURDAY @ SWEETWATERS, KINGSTON NY
              ...5/28.6/25.7/23.8/27.9/24.10/22...
              LucidFluid.com for details

              Also -
              HvEXAS.org
              m0dnAr.com
              3FU.org
              http://m0dnAr.IUMA.com
              www.soundclick.com/m0dnAr
              http://lucidfluid.blogspot.com/

              250 Free Business Cards (plus bonus card stuff for me):
              http://www.vistaprint.com/frf?frf=152298697552
            • Markus Sandy
              Message 6 of 16 , May 31, 2005
                Great meeting folks!  The archive url is here and on the wiki

                archive: http://flash.kmi.open.ac.uk:8080/flashmeeting/fmmemo.php?code=020945-1145&room=fm1145
                wiki: http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences

                You can find the audio, video, chat, urls and participants all there.
                The IM addresses are easy to see in the chat.
                Perhaps some kind soul will add them to the wiki list of participants (or add your own)

                Thomas G Henry wrote:
                anyone have that IM list? dang thang closed b4 I copied it...

                On 5/31/05, courtwms777 <courtwms777@... > wrote:
                Dang it! Missed it again! :-(  I tried logging on during the final 10
                minutes... but it got 'hung' trying to connect. Geez....

                Oh, well.. maybe next week. Hopefully I'll get to review the
                FlashMeeting Memo video....as soon as Steve puts up the link :-)

                Thanks Steve for keeping us posted..even if I *did* miss the boat again.

                Sigh.

                Courtney

                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Garfield <steve@o...> wrote:
                > Videoblogger Videoconference LATER ON TODAY:
                >
                > * Tuesday, May 31, 2005 at 8 p.m. EST (Midnight GMT)
                >
                > The link to join is here:
                > http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences
                >
                > See you at 8:00...
                >
                > --Steve
                > http://stevegarfield.com

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                --
                Thomas G Henry
                Producer, DJ, Promoter, Performer
                Fax n Phone: 845.516.0005
                AIM: LucidFluid2

                CABAREt VOLTROn :: INDIe80sELECTRoPUNkDISCoPARTy EVERY 4TH SATURDAY @ SWEETWATERS, KINGSTON NY
                ...5/28.6/25.7/23.8/27.9/24.10/22...
                LucidFluid.com for details

                Also -
                HvEXAS.org
                m0dnAr.com
                3FU.org
                http://m0dnAr.IUMA.com
                www.soundclick.com/m0dnAr
                http://lucidfluid.blogspot.com/

                250 Free Business Cards (plus bonus card stuff for me):
                http://www.vistaprint.com/frf?frf=152298697552

                --

                Markus Sandy
                http://apperceptions.org
                http://spinflow.org

              • Markus Sandy
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                  The second video conference for the week is scheduled for 1 hour from
                  now for those who find this time convenient.

                  Open agenda.

                  Conference:
                  http://flash.kmi.open.ac.uk:8080/flashmeeting/index.php?code=f809aa-1148&room=fm1148

                  Wiki: http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences

                  --

                  Markus Sandy
                  http://apperceptions.org
                  http://spinflow.org
                  iChat/AIM: markus.sandy@...
                  MSN: msandy@...
                • jonny goldstein
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                    Sorry I missed this. Things are a little crazy for me right now.

                  • Chris K
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                      Me too, I am in the middle of dance video production season for the
                      local dance studios, and a bunch of out of town studios. This is my
                      bread and butter month, so I'll probably miss all the fun!

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                        Hi,

                        We can schedule one anytime folks are interested and we hope to keep them going, so please join when you can.

                        Next one is scheduled for "Thursday" (tomorrow), 4pm GMT / 12noon EST (room opens 20 min early for warming up).

                        url for next conference: http://flash.kmi.open.ac.uk:8080/flashmeeting/index.php?code=8da871-1149&room=fm1149
                        see wiki for all info: http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences

                        During the last meeting, the general idea of agendas came up and the specific idea of occasionally inviting "guests" to the meeting was discussed.  This could be a shaker/mover, a celeb or expert for example.  Any thoughts on that?  Should we ask someone like Marc Canter or JD to spend an evening with us?  Would they?  Who would you wish to meet with?  This is not a suggestion to halt "videoblogger" meets in favor of this, it is just a possible addition.  Some felt that politicians would never do it, but that tech leaders and experts might.

                        Markus

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                          > During the last meeting, the general idea of agendas came up and the
                          > specific idea of occasionally inviting "guests" to the meeting was
                          > discussed. This could be a shaker/mover, a celeb or expert for example.
                          > Any thoughts on that? Should we ask someone like Marc Canter or JD to spend
                          > an evening with us? Would they? Who would you wish to meet with? This is
                          > not a suggestion to halt "videoblogger" meets in favor of this, it is just a
                          > possible addition. Some felt that politicians would never do it, but that
                          > tech leaders and experts might.

                          id love to get someone like Brewster Kahle of the Internet Archiveto join us.
                          lets get people we want to talk to.
                          they'll be flattered.

                          jay
                        • Richard
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005
                            At 03:46 PM 6/1/2005, you wrote:

                            I would love to have someone from the internet archive ...

                            >id love to get someone like Brewster Kahle of the Internet Archiveto join us.
                            >lets get people we want to talk to.
                            >they'll be flattered.
                            >
                            >jay

                            **********************************
                            Richard
                            http://www.richardshow.com
                            ***********************************
                          • Josh Leo
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 1, 2005

                              I would love to talk with some of the guys from blogger. Maybe they can make it a little easier for us video-bloggers...though I don't know considering their lack of initiative to include some pretty basic features.

                              --
                              Josh Leo

                              www.joshleo.com
                            • Chris K
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                                I don't really know what they could do, what sort of issues are you
                                having that you would like to see resolved? What sort of improvements
                                could they make? I've never really thought that much about it
                                considering it's just a free service where I imagine they would ignore
                                any ideas that were too radical.

                                On 6/1/05, Josh Leo <joshleo@...> wrote:

                                > I would love to talk with some of the guys from blogger. Maybe they can make
                                > it a little easier for us video-bloggers...though I don't know considering
                                > their lack of initiative to include some pretty basic features.
                                >
                                > --
                                > Josh Leo
                                >
                                > www.joshleo.com

                                -Chris
                              • Markus Sandy
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                                  The Thursday 4pm-6pm GMT (noon-2pm EST) will start in about 30 minutes
                                  for those who find this time convenient.

                                  Room opens for setup of audio/video 20 minutes prior.

                                  See wiki for more info.

                                  Room:
                                  http://flash.kmi.open.ac.uk:8080/flashmeeting/index.php?code=8da871-1149&room=fm1149

                                  Wiki: http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Videoblogger_Videoconferences
                                • johngaltsjournal
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 2, 2005
                                    Dangnabbit, I just missed it!!!

                                    One of these days I'm going to make it on time. Confound you, Mr Time!!
                                    schlomo
                                    http://schlomolog.blogspot.com