New Videoblogger

  • Nathan Peters
    Message 1 of 16 , May 21, 2005
      Ok, fine.  I've already introduced him, but I figured he should be able to introduce himself.  7 year old Jordan now has his own website

      jordanmakesvideos.blogspot.com

      The first post there is an intro video that could work for the freevlog new vloggers channel.

      Can someone help me fix the feed?  I put it through feedburner and enabled smartfeed (not smartcast) and convert format burner but it's putting the text into the description instead of the cdata so feedburner doesn't seem to be catching the enclosures.

      Nathan Peters

      There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
      Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    • Joshua Kinberg
      Message 2 of 16 , May 21, 2005
        Other way 'round.
        You want SmartCast not SmartFeed.
        -Josh

        Message 3 of 16 , May 22, 2005
          Doh. It works now. Thanks.

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 3, 2007
            Hello,

            I thought I would introduce myself as I finally have my vlog
            functional. My name is Nathan and I'm from Chicago. You can see my
            videos at http://nathaner.com/vlog. Most of these previous videos
            weren't made for the sole intent of videoblogging, but going forward I
            plan on producing them that way. WARNING: I do occasionally use some
            naughty language. Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
            embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
            doesn't work well and crashes IE.

            Thanks to everyone who checks out my stuff. I've been enjoying
            everyone else's videos for the last two years and finally got the guts
            to make a contribution myself.

            --Nathan L. Witt
          • Jarod Dixon
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
              Welcome.

              (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "deathfromanathaner"
              <deathfromabove@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > I thought I would introduce myself as I finally have my vlog
              > functional. My name is Nathan and I'm from Chicago. You can see my
              > videos at http://nathaner.com/vlog. Most of these previous videos
              > weren't made for the sole intent of videoblogging, but going forward I
              > plan on producing them that way. WARNING: I do occasionally use some
              > naughty language. Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
              > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
              > doesn't work well and crashes IE.
              >
              > Thanks to everyone who checks out my stuff. I've been enjoying
              > everyone else's videos for the last two years and finally got the guts
              > to make a contribution myself.
              >
              > --Nathan L. Witt

            • deathfromanathaner
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
                Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
                And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
                whats up with that?

                > Welcome.
                >
                > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
                >

                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "deathfromanathaner"
                > <deathfromabove@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello,
                > >
                > > I thought I would introduce myself as I finally have my vlog
                > > functional. My name is Nathan and I'm from Chicago. You can see my
                > > videos at http://nathaner.com/vlog. Most of these previous videos
                > > weren't made for the sole intent of videoblogging, but going forward I
                > > plan on producing them that way. WARNING: I do occasionally use some
                > > naughty language. Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                > > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                > > doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                > >
                > > Thanks to everyone who checks out my stuff. I've been enjoying
                > > everyone else's videos for the last two years and finally got the guts
                > > to make a contribution myself.
                > >
                > > --Nathan L. Witt

              • Roxanne Darling
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
                  Lots of people use PodPress Nathan. It works for audio and video files and
                  has been around a while.
                  Aloha and welcome!

                  Rox

                  On Dec 4, 2007 6:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...>

                  --
                  Roxanne Darling
                  808-384-5554

                • Nathan L. Witt
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
                    Roxanne Darling wrote:

                    > Lots of people use PodPress Nathan. It works for audio and video files and
                    > has been around a while.
                    > Aloha and welcome!
                    >
                    > Rox
                    >
                    > On Dec 4, 2007 6:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...
                    > <mailto:deathfromabove%40comcast.net>>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
                    > <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    > > "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
                    > > Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
                    > > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
                    > > whats up with that?
                    > >

                    > > > Welcome.
                    > > >
                    > > > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
                    > > >

                    > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
                    > <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,

                    > Most of these previous videos
                    > forward I

                    > the guts

                    > --
                    > Roxanne Darling
                    > "o ke kai" means "of the sea" in hawaiian
                    > 808-384-5554
                    > Video --> http://www.beachwalks.tv <http://www.beachwalks.tv>
                    > Company -- > http://www.barefeetstudios.com
                    > <http://www.barefeetstudios.com>
                    > http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling
                    > <http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling>

                    Thanks Rox, works great!

                  • ryanne hodson
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
                      welcome!!

                      -ryanne

                      --
                      Me ----> http://RyanEdit.com
                      Twitter------>http://twitter.com/Ryanne

                    • eric gunnar rochow
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                        > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
                        > whats up with that?

                        i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
                        talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
                        podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
                        Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
                        Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...

                        thanks,e ri c

                      • David Meade
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                          I was in Chicago for years and only recently moved to Indianapolis.

                          Kevin from Limeblog maintains a list of Chicago area vloggers:
                          http://chicagovideobloggers.com/

                          Welcome to the group, Nathan. I look forward to checking out your vlog
                          as soon as I can.

                          - Dave

                          On Dec 4, 2007 11:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...> wrote:
                          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
                          > Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
                          > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
                          > whats up with that?
                          >

                          > > Welcome.
                          > >
                          > > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
                          > >

                          > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "deathfromanathaner"
                          > > <deathfromabove@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Hello,
                          > > >
                          > > > I thought I would introduce myself as I finally have my vlog
                          > > > functional. My name is Nathan and I'm from Chicago. You can see my
                          > > > videos at http://nathaner.com/vlog. Most of these previous videos
                          > > > weren't made for the sole intent of videoblogging, but going forward I
                          > > > plan on producing them that way. WARNING: I do occasionally use some
                          > > > naughty language. Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                          > > > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                          > > > doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks to everyone who checks out my stuff. I've been enjoying
                          > > > everyone else's videos for the last two years and finally got the guts
                          > > > to make a contribution myself.
                          > > >
                          > > > --Nathan L. Witt

                          http://www.DavidMeade.com
                        • Nathan L. Witt
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                            I would definitely be interested in that meetup. When I first
                            discovered videoblogging, I would go there on wednesdays for the Motion
                            Graphics Chicago monthly meetings. Is that run by the same guys, it'll
                            be a blast.

                            > i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
                            > talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
                            > podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
                            > Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
                            > Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...
                            > <mailto:eric%40gardenfork.tv>
                            >
                            > thanks,e ri c

                          • Nathan L. Witt
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                              David,

                              Thanks for your interest, and its a shame you just moved because I check
                              out your blog on occasion for all things Chicago. I've seen Kevin's
                              stuff too, and checked out chicagovideobloggers.com, but a lot of those
                              listed are no longer updated. That or they are on a nice long
                              vacation. Nice to meet all of you!

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 7, 2007
                                > Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                                > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                                > doesn't work well and crashes IE.

                                some people use Podpress.
                                vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                                formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                                example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

                                http://jaydedman.com
                                917 371 6790
                                Video: http://ryanishungry.com
                                Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                                Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/jaydedman/
                                RSS: http://tinyurl.com/yqgdt9
                              • Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                                  On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                                  script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                                  module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                                  QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.

                                  Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                                  http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832

                                  And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                                  http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/

                                  - Andreas

                                  Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:

                                  >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                                  >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                                  >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                                  >
                                  > some people use Podpress.
                                  > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                                  > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                                  > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

                                  Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
                                  http://www.solitude.dk/
                                • Jan McLaughlin
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                                    Ah, Andreas, you make me feel nostalgia for the 'good old days' of vlogging
                                    when someone would say, "If only I could..." in the morning and by afternoon
                                    some generous soul like you would respond with the proper tool.

                                    Mmmm.

                                    Thanks for reminding me and for being a generous soul.

                                    XO,
                                    Jan

                                    P.S. Hugz for B.

                                    On Dec 29, 2007 12:01 PM, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen <solitude@...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                                    > script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                                    > module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                                    > QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.
                                    >
                                    > Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                                    > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832
                                    >
                                    > And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                                    > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/
                                    >
                                    > - Andreas
                                    >
                                    > Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:
                                    >
                                    > >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                                    > >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                                    > >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                                    > >
                                    > > some people use Podpress.
                                    > > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                                    > > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                                    > > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm
                                    > >
                                    > > Jay
                                    > >

                                    > --
                                    > Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen