Re: [videoblogging] Articles on videoblogging.info

  • Adrian Miles
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2004
      On 04/09/2004, at 8:29 AM, Andreas Haugstrup wrote:

      > I've got a couple of questions for you, Adrian. I want to do linking
      > and
      > trackbacking now and not tomorrow. I've got the trackbacking down:
      > Pingbacks is the answer - it's just a matter for servers to be
      > configured
      > correctly. It's the linking stuff I don't know how to do. Is Quicktime
      > Pro
      > all I need to make certain area of a video clickable? (and overlay
      > images
      > that are also links)

      um, yes.

      um, no.

      yes:
      in qt pro you can introduce a text track that has time based hrefs.
      these are urls. user clicks and url is retrieved. Autohrefs do the same
      but user doesn't have to clic. hrefs can target a frame if desired.
      this is a hot spot for *all* of the frame, not parts.

      so:

      no. to put hotspots on parts of frame you could use cleaner, livestage
      pro, ezedia qti, and there's another one that i don't remember off the
      top of my head. livestage is the top shelf best one. ezedia qti is
      interactive qt in the mould of imovie, and in relation to livestage is
      a bit like comparing imovie to final cut pro. they all cost $. Ezedia
      is the cheapest.

      cheers
      Adrian Miles
      hypertext.rmit || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/adrian
      interactive networked video || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog
      research blog || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/