  • Jay Dedman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2004
      Okay.
      Looks like we got a good group of people here to discuss videoblogging.
      Some of you I know personally. Some I know through your sites.

      Let me introduce myself.
      During the day, I work at a community TV station in Manhattan where anyone can
      come in and make a TV show.
      We have 4 TV channels that is open to the public. People can either use theor
      own equipment or get the free use use of our equipment.
      No censorship exists.
      Currently, we program 1200 shows per week ranging from political conversations
      to artistic explorartions to complete confusion.
      When videoblogging came out, I got excited.
      Video holds a lot of information and is a great way to show people something
      they dont get anywhere else.
      But can it work on the web?

      Let's start with a simple question.
      For those of you actively videoblogging, what problems are you having?
      Technically and creatively.
      We're kind of making this up as we go (which is exciting), but let's get
      specific.
      And secondly, What are you trying to do with video in your blogs?

      --
      Jay Dedman
      Manhattan Neighborhood Network
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2004
        On 15/06/2004, at 12:47 AM, Jay Dedman wrote:

        > For those of you actively videoblogging, what problems are you having?
        > Technically and creatively.

        have a software application that lets me vog easily. eg:
        shoot and capture. set in and out points. nominate some hotspots and
        basic mouse events.
        publish directly to my blog.

        ecto have just provided QT support, so this is very useful, but you
        still need to produce all of your content somewhere else.

        > We're kind of making this up as we go (which is exciting), but let's
        > get
        > specific.
        > And secondly, What are you trying to do with video in your blogs?

        express something about my daily life. explore what how and why
        networked video (and here i mean network a la internet not tv networks)
        is different to broadcast media.

        cheers
        Adrian Miles
        hypertext.rmit || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/adrian
        interactive networked video || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog
        research blog || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/