Re: [videoblogging] Re: VIDEO COMMENTS

  • Shannon Noble
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 1, 2004
      Re: [videoblogging] Re: VIDEO COMMENTS I posted to the video comment.

      FYI on how I did what I did:

      I pulled the QT into my computer system at work after changing it into an image sequence where all the frames are separated out of the QT. Then I took a  digital white frame and digitally painted the words onto it and then composited that into the area where the real paper was using what's called bicubics. That allows me to basically pin the corners of the white frame to where the corners of the paper Andreas' is holding. I dissolved it up over five frames as he is tearing it away from the paper pad. I also color corrected the frame I made to match the light change in his original and then put his thumb back in (roughly) and added a little bit of motion blur as he is twisting the paper into position. In all it took less then half an hour to do. A lot less time then its taking me to remove wires from the stupid puppet movie I’ve been working on.

      .s

      On 9/1/04 11:46 AM, "Steve Garfield" <steve@...> wrote:

      Great job on that!

      You know how after you develop something and show it to the users, they
      see it and say, "Hey, that's great, but now that I see it, I want this
      and that?"

      I really like the ability to watch the individual clips from this page:

      http://www.hum.aau.dk/~ahpe01/video-comments/confession-movies/

      A page of comment video links like that with the addition of people's
      names and websites beside them would be cool for a number of reasons:

      1. You don't have to watch the first video again
      2. When you come back to look for new comments, you can just view those
      that are new to you.
      3. Saves bandwidth of having to download the original video and all the
      comments every time.

      Thanks,
      --Steve

      On Sep 1, 2004, at 2:31 PM, Deirdré Straughan wrote:

      > Whee! Fun! I was able to see Andreas' video and Steve's comment
      > without too much trouble, and posting my own comment just now went
      > absolutely smoothly.
      ---------  [ Web Sites ]  ---------
      Steve Garfield Video Production
      http://stevegarfield.com

      Video Blog
      http://stevegarfield.blogs.com/videoblog/

      Weblog: Off On A Tangent
      http://offonatangent.blogspot.com/

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1294gd8pg/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=groups/S=1705554021:HM/EXP=1094150820/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298>

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      --This is Vlog: http://x.nnon.tv/

    • Jay Dedman
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 7, 2004
        > The short answer is: Yes, everything should/must/will be automated.

        > Of course I plan on supporting both for the thing I'm writing because it's
        > not a lot of extra work (SMIL first, XSPF second).

        great.
        all our hopes depend on you, obie-one.
        real video comments, oh boy.

        --