using phones to videoblog

  • Jay Dedman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2004
      Thanks Ryan.
      Peter is this what you need to video blog in India?

      looks like this(http://dream.berkeley.edu/~jtowle/mbot/faq.php) is a piece of
      the puzzle.
      Peter is going to India this summer and plans to video blog.
      problem is that you cant count on fast connection, correct software, correct
      interfaces everywhere.
      seems the best way is if he had a videophone that could upload straight to his
      blog.
      is this how he could do it?

      You got to forgive me becasue im a little ignorant of some of this stuff.
      i can shoot, edit, and teach other people to do the same.
      But videobloggin is still new to me.(i just got a blog 6 months ago).

      I bought a phone that took videos about a year ago.
      I returned it after a week becasue i couldnt figure out what to do with it.
      plus the videos looked like total crap.

      Quoting Ryan Shaw <ryanshaw@...>:

      > Jay Dedman wrote:
      >
      > > where can we get some of those phone cameras?
      > > did you post from the phone itself?
      >
      > i use a nokia 3650. you can take a (crappy) video, and then mail
      > it from the phone--a friend of mine has procmail set up on a server
      > that will receive the email and put it into a blog, captioned with
      > the subject/body of the email. 1-click (OK maybe few-click)
      > videoblogging. if you have a cameraphone that does video and email
      > and you want to try it then read this page:
      >
      > http://dream.berkeley.edu/~jtowle/mbot/faq.php
      >
      > and then email jtowle@... for an account.
      > tell him ryan shaw told you about it.
      >
      > of course there is no editing--but then there isn't much to
      > edit in a 20-second shot. it would be interesting to try to
      > plan out a sequence of shots to be taken by various people
      > and then combined into a longer scene--sounds like this is
      > what aisling is trying to do (haven't had a chance to look
      > at the paper yet)?
      >
      > ryan

      Jay Dedman
      Manhattan Neighborhood Network