Re: [videoblogging] DIVER

  • Jay Dedman
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
      > qt has full set of java api's, btw, so if you have the money a
      > programmer could write a tool that does this for you. This is *very*
      > important for vogging because at the moment people don't 'get' what you
      > would do this for. ..

      what exactly does this mean?
      since i dont know how to program..im always a bit amzed by what people can
      do.
      like andreas's new tool...(i hope people jump in and help make it
      smoother...like steve's suggestion of allowing you to see them all at once
      or one at a time).

      could andreas's tool be done in quicktime, which has a much nicer interface.

      --
      Jay Dedman
      Manhattan Neighborhood Network
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
        On 02/09/2004, at 6:07 AM, Jay Dedman wrote:

        >> qt has full set of java api's, btw, so if you have the money a
        >> programmer could write a tool that does this for you. This is *very*
        >> important for vogging because at the moment people don't 'get' what
        >> you
        >> would do this for. ..
        >
        > what exactly does this mean?

        means that a programmer can write a program that does what ever you
        like in QuickTime. think of something that QT supports, then you can
        make a program that does it. People use things like RealBasic (I think
        thats the software suite) to write custom QuickTime players all the
        time. But what we need aren't custom palyers, but custom authoring
        engines. i'll write more on this shortly, got experimenting to do
        friday first...

        cheers
        Adrian Miles
        hypertext.rmit || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/adrian
        interactive networked video || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog
        research blog || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/