Re: [videoblogging] Re: question #2

  • Adrian Miles
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 1, 2004
      On 01/09/2004, at 4:32 PM, contactmica wrote:

      > hadnt yet figure out how to make them play one after another
      > any suggestions ideas appreciated!
      > does that last message mean that adrian's vlog roll program or
      > something
      > similar could be made for this purpose?
      > that would be so perfect!
      > cant wait to play with it

      1. i could write a movie that uses child movies, say 3, 4, or 5.
      2. there would a parent movie then a directory
      3. in the directory you would put the other videos
      4. the parent movie is what you put in your project, it would play each
      in turn

      but this means having work locally on your server (really quite
      pointless)

      so
      1. just use qtnext in an embed tag
      or
      1.b how about a movie that loads content from elsewhere with an xml
      file where you load urls you want to play in the parent movie? that
      would be very useful for these sorts of exercises, since the parent
      movie would load the other movies from where they reside on the
      network. One problem would be the size of the video, but you can make
      child movies fit whatever size the clip area of the parent is (so scale
      it up or down).

      this would be a good experiment.

      cheers
      Adrian Miles
      hypertext.rmit || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/adrian
      interactive networked video || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog
      research blog || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/
    • Jay Dedman
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 7, 2004
        > The short answer is: Yes, everything should/must/will be automated.

        > Of course I plan on supporting both for the thing I'm writing because it's
        > not a lot of extra work (SMIL first, XSPF second).

        great.
        all our hopes depend on you, obie-one.
        real video comments, oh boy.

        --