Re: [videoblogging] question #2

  • Andreas Haugstrup
    Message 1 of 51 , Sep 1, 2004
      On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:57:20 +1000, Adrian Miles <adrian.miles@...>
      wrote:

      > i propose a video project that does what Jay asks. So one day one
      > person posts, next day someone responds, and so on. Those with SMIL can
      > build a player, i'll provide embed source code to make it work in
      > quicktime (sorry, having trouble making swf work in QT at the moment),
      > and i'll make a version of it too that does things with it in QT.

      I wanted to get this online last night before all of you sent out all
      these e-mails. My FTP program decided to break, and I didn't want to deal
      with it so I waited until now to figure out a solution.

      Anyway, I put up a small video at:
      <http://www.solitude.dk/archives/2004_08.php#t20040831-22:55>

      Anyone can add their own video comment to this entry, and each comment
      will be played after the original post. There are still some issues with
      Quicktime not loading the video the way I want it to, but I can't figure
      that out (I'm not a SMIL/QT expert).

      So have fun and add some comments so I can see how this works. The script
      only accepts quicktime movies (.mov files) and files should be less than 4
      megabytes.

      I had this mostly ready Monday, but I had the hardest time getting
      anything edited. It seemed like no piece of software on my computer wanted
      to cooperate with me. Even iMovie at the university's Mac-lab were pissing
      me off on a regular basis.

      - Andreas

      --
      Personal: <http://www.solitude.dk>
      File Thingie - PHP File Manager <http://www.solitude.dk/filethingie/>
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 7, 2004
        > The short answer is: Yes, everything should/must/will be automated.

        > Of course I plan on supporting both for the thing I'm writing because it's
        > not a lot of extra work (SMIL first, XSPF second).

        great.
        all our hopes depend on you, obie-one.
        real video comments, oh boy.

        --