Hello all, Introduction and JussPress.com

  • RyES540
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      Hello guys,

      Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking on this group for a while now learning
      about vlogging. Everyone seems very helpful and nice!

      I've been posting video for some time now through a website I have programmed with a
      friend. It is up at JussPress.com. It is a website where anyone can register and upload
      videos and photos.

      It is not really targeted for highly technical people, rather JussPress.com is designed to
      make video sharing simple enough for anyone. Basically all you do is register, download
      an uploading program, and drag and drop videos or photos to the application. The cool
      thing is we trancode mpg, avi, wmv, and mov all automatically to Flash video on the client
      and then upload the compressed video online, so uploading is super fast. Then people
      can view the video using the Flash plugin that most people have.

      Anyways just wanted to introduce myself and my website. Would love to hear any
      feedback any of you might have.

      Thank you and take care,
      Ryan
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005
        > Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking on this group for a while now learning
        > about vlogging. Everyone seems very helpful and nice!
        >
        > I've been posting video for some time now through a website I have programmed with a
        > friend. It is up at JussPress.com. It is a website where anyone can register and upload
        > videos and photos.
        >
        > It is not really targeted for highly technical people, rather JussPress.com is designed to
        > make video sharing simple enough for anyone. Basically all you do is register, download
        > an uploading program, and drag and drop videos or photos to the application. The cool
        > thing is we trancode mpg, avi, wmv, and mov all automatically to Flash video on the client
        > and then upload the compressed video online, so uploading is super fast. Then people
        > can view the video using the Flash plugin that most people have.
        >
        > Anyways just wanted to introduce myself and my website. Would love to hear any
        > feedback any of you might have.

        whats the pricing.
        how much video storage do people gte?
        any feeds?
        does the video go onto my exisiting blog?

        Jay
      • RyES540
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2005
          At JussPress.com you get free 1,000 photos and 10 videos. Videos
          are limited to 2 minutes. We are targeting people shooting personal
          videos from their digital camera.

          For $5 per month you get an unlimited number of photos and videos.

          There are no feeds since JussPress.com is more for non-technical
          people. We did provide something before, but none of our users
          really used it.

          We provide HTML code to include the photos or video on your blog.

          JussPress.com is more to make video sharing simple enough for anyone
          to do. For instance now you can tell your mom to try video
          blogging, or your kid brother. All you do is drag and drop.

          Thanks for the questions,
          Ryan

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@g...>
          wrote:
          > > Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking on this
          group for a while now learning
          > > about vlogging. Everyone seems very helpful and nice!
          > >
          > > I've been posting video for some time now through a website I
          have programmed with a
          > > friend. It is up at JussPress.com. It is a website where
          anyone can register and upload
          > > videos and photos.
          > >
          > > It is not really targeted for highly technical people, rather
          JussPress.com is designed to
          > > make video sharing simple enough for anyone. Basically all you
          do is register, download
          > > an uploading program, and drag and drop videos or photos to the
          application. The cool
          > > thing is we trancode mpg, avi, wmv, and mov all automatically to
          Flash video on the client
          > > and then upload the compressed video online, so uploading is
          super fast. Then people
          > > can view the video using the Flash plugin that most people have.
          > >
          > > Anyways just wanted to introduce myself and my website. Would
          love to hear any
          > > feedback any of you might have.
        • Joshua Kinberg
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2005
            > There are no feeds since JussPress.com is more for non-technical
            > people. We did provide something before, but none of our users
            > really used it.

            Flickr.com has plenty of RSS feeds available. They have over 2 million users.
            Is Flickr for really "techy" people?

            I know a lot of non-techy people who have Flickr photos in the sidebar
            of their blog, or a flickr slideshow. All this is enabled by Flickr
            feeds and an open API... some of that is techy, but what it makes
            possible is something beyond...

            -Josh
          • aka_roa
            Message 5 of 5 , May 6, 2005
              Hi Ryan, hi group....

              I think what you've done with jusspress is fantastic, congratulations!

              Would it be possible to add the facility to upload the compressed video to any
              prepared website from within the desktop application??

              I think, if you could offer the flexibility to upload clips to wherever, rather than
              being confined to the JussPress.com website, you would be onto a really hot
              cookie...

              Greetings,

              Kirsten.