Re: question #2

  • contactmica
    Message 1 of 51 , Aug 31, 2004
      shoot! thought i already posted this but i guess it didnt go through to the group
      so maybe theres a repeat post of this if so please excuse
      ---
      Interesting idea - and very synchronous!!!
      because charlene (http://crule.typepad.com)
      and I (http://publicaddress.typepad.com)
      started something almost exactly like this on our videoblogs last week,
      we are calling it 'exquisite corpse' after the game played with drawings or text
      where one person picks up where the last left off.
      hoping that once we got it figured out others would join in
      took me a loooong time to get set up i ended up having to upgrade all my
      software just to get it so that i could import quicktime into imovie
      (now that im set its a whole new game for me
      knowing that i can pull from 'found' QT as well as original footage from my
      camera for my videos now!)
      hadnt yet figure out how to make them play one after another
      any suggestions ideas appreciated!
      does that last message mean that adrian's vlog roll program or something
      similar could be made for this purpose?
      that would be so perfect!
      cant wait to play with it

      also i have recently been posting RNC related video at
      http://momentshowing.typepad.com/election_peepshow

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay Dedman <jay@m...> wrote:
      > i accept.
      > watch for the first video coming up.
      >

      > Quoting Adrian Miles <adrian.miles@r...>:
      >

      > > On 29/08/2004, at 9:29 AM, Jay Dedman wrote:
      > >
      > > > so please respond to this point because its all i can think about
      > > > lately.
      > > >

      > > i propose a video project that does what Jay asks. So one day one
      > > person posts, next day someone responds, and so on. Those with SMIL
      can
      > > build a player, i'll provide embed source code to make it work in
      > > quicktime (sorry, having trouble making swf work in QT at the moment),
      > > and i'll make a version of it too that does things with it in QT.
      > >
      > > Jay, how about you start.
      > >
      > > no. a better idea. Jay, you do one, those interested respond, sequence
      > > doesn't matter....
      > >
      > > cheers
      > > Adrian Miles
      > > hypertext.rmit || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/adrian
      > > interactive networked video || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog
      > > research blog || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/

      > Jay Dedman
      > Manhattan Neighborhood Network
      > 537 West 59th
      > NY NY 10019
      > 212 757 2670 ext.312
      > www.mnn.org
    • Jay Dedman
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 7, 2004
        > The short answer is: Yes, everything should/must/will be automated.

        > Of course I plan on supporting both for the thing I'm writing because it's
        > not a lot of extra work (SMIL first, XSPF second).

        great.
        all our hopes depend on you, obie-one.
        real video comments, oh boy.