Wikipedia: vlog

  • Steve Garfield
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      Hi,
      I recently noticed that they've totally rewritten the videoblogging
      entry over on Wikipedia.

      In fact, videoblogging over there now forwards you to vlog.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlog

      The Wikipedians changed it because they don't like Gerunds as page
      titles

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerund

      I should have paid more attention in High School

      So I've just gone in and changed the definition part of the post for
      vlog since it was inaccurate. I'd left up my feelings about it in teh
      discussion page, but no one changed anything, so I did it myself.

      You'll see in the disussion page that it used to say:

      "A vlog is technically a video blog, in that blog entries are recorded
      as video of up to around 5 minutes in length, although they may be
      longer. This is different to video in a blog, which may be any video
      content which is attached to a more traditional blog entry. "

      Wrong.

      It's just video in a blog. we've all been through this before.

      Anyone can go over to Wikipedia and help create the best definition
      ever for vlog.
      --Steve
      http://stevegarfield.com