Re: [videoblogging] sideways video

  • Jan McLaughlin
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2005
      Oh, yeah! QT (pro anyway).

      Movie / Get Movie Properties / Video Track / Size

      In the arrows / rotate circles you will find the solution to your
      dilemma.

      Jan

      On May 1, 2005, at 2:30 AM, Deirdre Straughan wrote:

      > I don't usually use my digital still camera for video, but the other
      > day I grabbed a few seconds of something (an antique steam train we
      > happened to pass when I was on the regular train going to work) when I
      > didn't have my video camera on me. I first took some still shots, and
      > I often do verticals, so when I hit the video switch, I forgot that I
      > was no longer doing stills, and left the camera sideways. So now I
      > have a sideways video. Is there something that will flip it over for
      > me?
      >
      > --
      > best regards,
      > Deirdré Straughan
      > www.straughan.com

    • Steve Garfield
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2005
        There's an easy way to rotate an image using QuickTime Pro.

        Go to the Movie menu, select Get Movie Properties.

        Then select Video Track, and then select Size.

        You are presented with arrows that allow you to rotate the image.

        Easy.
        --Steve
        http://stevegarfield.com

        On May 1, 2005, at 2:30 AM, Deirdre Straughan wrote:

        > I forgot that I
        > was no longer doing stills, and left the camera sideways. So now I
        > have a sideways video. Is there something that will flip it over for
        > me?
      • Adam Quirk
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2005
          Or in Win Movie Maker:

          Right click > Video Effects > Rotate 90 degrees

          You can also rotate 180 or 270.
        • luxomaticart
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2005
            Use Quicktime Pro and Imovie to Rotate Movies

            In QuickTime Pro: Movie -> Get Movie Properties -> Video Track/Size -- then use rotate
            buttons

            Simple Rotate, an iMovie plugin
            http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14159

            ~Rene