Re: [videoblogging] where this is going

  • Adrian Miles
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2004
      On 27/08/2004, at 11:52 PM, Jay Dedman wrote:

      > This man, Alain, who works for a French compnay posted this just
      > recently to
      > my blog:
      >
      > Videos are coming directly from the phone.
      > The only manipulation is to extract the first image to put as image
      > link on
      > the web page.
      >
      > Size is 176x144,
      > frequency is 7 images / sec,
      > format is 3gpp (mobile video standard) : QuickTime enveloppe with mpeg4
      > video

      3g (aka 3gp and 3gpp) is a subset of MPEG4 and is the standard for
      video delivery to mobiles.

      > he said any of us who have a video phone can beta test their delevery
      > service.
      > he will create an email that lets you send the video clip staright to
      > your
      > blog.

      i think there's been a bit of this sort of thing going on in various
      places. for me the problem is still upload costs, to send a video via
      your phone is not expensive, but neither is it cheap (i think here in
      Australia i can get it for around $1 a clip, that's sort of cheap but
      it could add up easily).

      > for me in america, this really isnt an option right now.
      >
      > here are 2 examples:
      > http://lite.mapaj.net/miike/
      > http://lite.mapaj.net/muchu/

      both work fine for me.

      cheers
      Adrian Miles
      hypertext.rmit || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/adrian
      interactive networked video || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog
      research blog || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/