Help with Blogger and FeedBurner = Enclosures

  • Dooser
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
      I'm attempting to figure out how to get a feed with media enclosures
      form a blogger.com blog.

      I've done the Generate feed with Blogger.com
      I've done the SmartCast with feedburner.com

      I've tried using the rel="enclosure" tag for <a href="mediafile"
      rel="enclosure">.
      I've tried using the Link field in the Blogger post.

      Neither yields enclosure tags in the feed.

      Any help is appreciated.
    • Steve Garfield
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
        Giver us your blog URL.

        --Steve
        http://stevegarfield.com

        On Apr 27, 2005, at 11:18 AM, Dooser wrote:

        > I'm attempting to figure out how to get a feed with media enclosures
        > form a blogger.com blog.
      • Dooser
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Garfield <steve@o...> wrote:
          > Giver us your blog URL.
          >
          > --Steve
          > http://stevegarfield.com
          >
          > On Apr 27, 2005, at 11:18 AM, Dooser wrote:
          >
          > > I'm attempting to figure out how to get a feed with media enclosures
          > > form a blogger.com blog.

          I've just been messing around with one to see how it all works (the
          feed + enclosures), but I couldn't figure it out.

          kumquatsnewsletter.blogspot.com
        • Steve Garfield
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
            what's the feedburner feed.

            --Steve
            http://stevegarfield.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
            • Joshua Kinberg
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 28, 2005
                You need to configure the mime-types correctly on your server. Since I
                know you are using a modified XBOX for this, you should be able to
                edit your Apache httpd.conf file.

                FeedBurner generates enclosures based first on matching file
                extensions, and then based on an HTTP HEAD request of the file. It
                creates enclosures for returned types other than "text" and "image".

                Doing a HEAD request on the .mov file you posted returned that its
                mime-type was "text/plain".
                The other file you listed should be a WMV, but your URL is incorrect
                (you list the file as a .mwv, so....)

                Hope this answers your questions.

                -Josh

                On 4/27/05, Dooser <Dooser@...> wrote:

                > http://feeds.feedburner.com/Kumquats
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Dooser
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 28, 2005
                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <jkinberg@g...>
                  wrote:
                  > You need to configure the mime-types correctly on your server. Since

                  I was looking to do another site independent of the XBOX. Using just
                  Blogger, Feedburner, and a media hosting site (Archive or pay
                  service...that wouldn't host a RSS feed of whatnot). Is this possible?
                • Joshua Kinberg
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 28, 2005
                    absolutely... this is what most videobloggers are doing.
                    See http://freevlog.blogspot.com to get started. Also plenty of great
                    tutorials at http://videoblogging.info

                    -Josh

                    On 4/28/05, Dooser <Dooser@...> wrote:
                    > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <jkinberg@g...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > You need to configure the mime-types correctly on your server. Since
                    >
                    > I was looking to do another site independent of the XBOX. Using just
                    > Blogger, Feedburner, and a media hosting site (Archive or pay
                    > service...that wouldn't host a RSS feed of whatnot). Is this possible?
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Dooser
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 28, 2005
                      Turns out that it wasn't reading the http://dooser.no-ip address. I
                      was just linking to some vids on me server to test. It read a
                      www.archive address fine.

                      wrote:
                      > absolutely... this is what most videobloggers are doing.
                      > See http://freevlog.blogspot.com to get started. Also plenty of great
                      > tutorials at http://videoblogging.info
                      >
                      > -Josh
                      >

                      > On 4/28/05, Dooser <Dooser@n...> wrote:
                      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <jkinberg@g...>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > > You need to configure the mime-types correctly on your server. Since
                      > >
                      > > I was looking to do another site independent of the XBOX. Using just
                      > > Blogger, Feedburner, and a media hosting site (Archive or pay
                      > > service...that wouldn't host a RSS feed of whatnot). Is this possible?
                      > >

                      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Pat Cook (Jeeper One TV)
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 1, 2005
                        Hi everyone:

                        At 02:24 PM 4/27/2005, you wrote:
                        http://feeds.feedburner.com/Kumquats

                        Are you sending the Blogger ATOM-based RSS Feed to FeedBurner?  I've found that to be THE best way to do it.  :)

                        Cheers for now  :)

                        Patrick Cook
                        kpdcnettv@...
                        patsvideoblog@... (FEEDBACK EMAIL)