Award Nomination

  • The Dane
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 6:49 PM
      Incidentally, I thought this was kinda cool. I am one of three final
      nominees on diarist.net for an award category, Best Use of
      Multimedia in a Site (I presume in a blog-type site). Link:
      http://diarist.net/awards/nominees-site.html ... They describe the
      category as so:

      Recognizes excellence in use of audio (RealAudio,
      WAV, MIDI), video (RealVideo, QuickTime, AVI),
      and multimedia plug-ins (Flash), both in the
      quality of the specific media used and how well it
      enhances the overall journal experience. Any format,
      whether industry-standard or proprietary, is
      acceptible provided the needed software is freely
      available. However, the breadth of the overall
      audience (access to users of older browsers and
      the equivalent plug-ins) is a factor.

      I don't think I deserve to win, but I DO think its cool that people
      are starting to pay attention to multi-media presentation as a part
      in personal journaling/personal reporting/blogging/whathaveyou. A
      year ago, I wasn't even aware that other people were vidblogging.
      Now, with the help of forums like this and the fact that we're doing
      what we're doing, the web's becoming a much more interesting place
      (knock on wood).

      Pax,
      The Dane
      http://nowheresville.us