8541Re: [videoblogging] Tagging in ANT

  • Michael Sullivan
    Apr 1, 2005
      More use of locally stored xml files that get generated by the blog
      engine...such as for monthly archives or other defined parameters,
      should be used so that this problem (expiring posts/feed items) is
      avoided. Whatever happens to your webpage and your dynamic blog
      content wont effect the loss or inability to retrieve data if you
      provide linking to these local xml files.

      sull

      On Apr 1, 2005 9:01 AM, Andreas Haugstrup <videoblog@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 02:49:06 +0100, Julian Doncaster (Yahoo1)
      > <julianduk@...> wrote:
      >
      > >> That's the problem. Blogs (and other web-content providers) should never
      > >> publish information only in their feeds.
      > >
      > > Can you provide a rationale for that to be applied universally, and do
      > > you just mean text feeds?
      >
      > No, for any kind of web content.
      >
      > > Is there an implication that there
      > > should be a parallel blog for *all* RSS feeds>
      >
      > I didn't say that. But when you have content meant for the web (eg. not
      > syndication of tv shows via RSS or something) your feed should correspond
      > with your web content.
      >
      > It's very simple really. Your RSS feed will only be available for a week
      > or so until the item gets pushed off. So if the information isn't
      > available on a webpage it's gone. It's not cool when your tags expire
      > after a week, and even less cool when your enclosures expire after a week.
      >
      > When you are blogging you need to think about your webpage first, and your
      > feed second, because the webpage is the permanent location. It's that
      > document people can link to, it's that page they'll be coming back to.
      >
      > - Andreas
      > --
      > <URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>

      i n t e r d i g i t a t e . c o m