79587Re: [videoblogging] Digest Number 6243

  • Trine Berry
    Jun 8, 2014
      Hi Andrew, everyone,

      Blip's history is not credited enough by most people for it's influence on the grand scheme of things.

      I'm trying to do exactly that in my phd thesis which is nearing completion. Blip was so important but there's very little information available about it.

      I would love to hear from you (and others) about what made blip special to the videoblogging community. It would be an oral history of sorts, which is sometimes as rich and interesting as a traditional history - especially when told by those actually involved.

      Many thanks

      Trine

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 13 Oct 2013, at 17:41, andrew michael baron <andrew@...> wrote:

      I never saw or heard a peep from anyone at Blip about the sale.

      My best guess is that Mike and Dina, et. al. were pushed out of Blip by the investors well before the sale and that none of the original partners made a significant (if any) amount when they left, or from the sale. Blip's history is not credited enough by most people for it's influence on the grand scheme of things.

      Anyone know or care to chime in on the facts of the sale?

      On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Andrew Baron <abaron@...> wrote:
      I removed all of the Rocketboom videos from Blip a few months ago when I heard the news that Maker was buying Blip. I didn't remove them because I don't like Maker, it was something I had been planning to do for a few years.

      I never saw or heard a peep from anyone at Blip about the sale.

      My best guess is that Mike and Dina were pushed out of Blip by the investors well before the sale and that none of the original partners made a dime when they left or from the sale.