79435Re: Solder Shooting to reduce camera shake

  • RatbagMedia
    May 9, 2012
      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "compumavengal" <compumavengal@...> wrote:

      > I just can't cram that much rod in my purse. I bought a Sling Shot on Kickstarter that will arrive in June. It is designed for mobile devices so for those of use doing vertical recording it will be of great help. http://vimeo.com/39614146

      There area few devives that do the same thing following the same principle of tension like the ReadySteady
      http://www.readysteadyvideo.com/

      However, solder which is used for soldering meta to metal is flexible while retaining its stiffness so it rolls up and folds on itself.

      I added this photo to the post:
      http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CCLlBUVsCJQ/T6shpWM9hyI/AAAAAAAAFUU/AxSoPisk27k/s320/folded.jpg

      And lead free solder is, of course, minus the lead.I'm sure there may be other materials some which are plasticated. But solder is dirt cheap and is a standard hardware store item.

      I had previously used cords either supported under my foot or attached to my belt to create the tension while filming but they waver left and right and the vertical tension isn't always constant sit depended m on my pulling.

      I'm thinking that because I can twist the rod to suit so that I anchor it to one side by bending it into a hook I have much better lateral support than I would have with a sharply vertical stem which would act like a pendulum.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic