79373Re: [videoblogging] recording video interviews

    Dec 1, 2011
      > I would like to record video based interviews and I know that Pamela et al
      > will do that, but I have found Skype to be a problem. My side is crystal
      > clear on the monitor, the incoming video though is very grainy. With so many
      > options out there such as google phone/video chat etc does anyone know of
      > better options out there?

      Ive never known the quality of Skype to be different for free or paid
      subscribers. Ive recorded a number of video skype calls using
      http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/. Its $20 but very worth it. Its
      just a plugin with Skype so all I do is clikc a button to record the
      video. Saves it as a clean file.

      Are you sure that the problem isnt with the connection? Do you or your
      friend have a slow internet connection? Maybe experiment with another
      person that you know has good broadband.