77684Re: Fwd: Online Video Monetization Summit, May 5th in NYC

  • elbowsofdeath
    May 4, 2010
      What are you going on about?

      Protecting your copyrighted works via takedown notices is not the same as signing up for the site in order to upload content.

      And other people cannot claim to be the copyright holder and start throwing takedown notices around on your behalf, that we be bogus and an abuse of the DMCA.

      Cheers

      Steve

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "daredolls" <daredoll@...> wrote:

      > so go there, claim our rights, use our name, see what happens.
      > dyna-flix.com
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Mark Villaseñor <videoblogyahoogroup@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Steve Elbows: "I very much doubt that you have to be a user of the service
      > > in order to file a takedown notice under the DMCA."
      > >
      > > I agree.
      > >
      > > 17 USC §1203 is clear about this, as is ample supporting case law. Being
      > > "banned" from a video ISP (YT, Yahoo, etc.) cannot and does not preclude one
      > > from defending copyright.
      > >
      > > Mark Villaseñor,
      > > http://www.TailTrex.tv
      > > Canine Adventures For Charity - sm