77682Re: Fwd: Online Video Monetization Summit, May 5th in NYC

  • daredolls
    May 3, 2010
      24 hours a minute. the current stats on youtube uploads.

      who besides me was surprised at the suggestion that the plethora of videos on youtube was a clear and present danger to the porn guys that built the net .

      voyuers are what they are, no matter how they find what you have to offer.

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, David Jones <david.jones@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:22 AM, daredolls <daredoll@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > our work, like 50% or so of what is on youtube, does not pass the church lady standard. all you have to do to get a competitor's product removed from youtube is flag it as innappropriate. a pornographic producer took offense at our million channel views in 4 months and started flagging us. has been flagging us for 4 years. his pornography is still there, we could return the favor and start a flagging war but we have not. that, by the way, was youtube's suggestion as to how we handle this.
      > >
      > > we can't even protest use of our video by others because our company name is banned from youtube and to file a copyright complaint it has to be in the name of the rights holder.
      > I greatly doubt you can be stopped from filing a DMCA notice.
      > Also, if someone on Youtube is using your material then join under
      > another name and then provide proof of your rights to the work and
      > start flagging away. You don't have to have a channel in your company
      > name, you just need to prove ownership to the work.
      > Dave.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic