77680Re: [videoblogging] Re: Fwd: Online Video Monetization Summit, May 5th in NYC

  • David Jones
    May 3 7:03 PM
      On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:22 AM, daredolls <daredoll@...> wrote:

      > our work, like 50% or so of what is on youtube, does not pass the church lady standard. all you have to do to get a competitor's product removed from youtube is flag it as innappropriate. a pornographic producer took offense at our million channel views in 4 months and started flagging us. has been flagging us for 4 years. his pornography is still there, we could return the favor and start a flagging war but we have not. that, by the way, was youtube's suggestion as to how we handle this.
      >
      > we can't even protest use of our video by others because our company name is banned from youtube and to file a copyright complaint it has to be in the name of the rights holder.

      I greatly doubt you can be stopped from filing a DMCA notice.

      Also, if someone on Youtube is using your material then join under
      another name and then provide proof of your rights to the work and
      start flagging away. You don't have to have a channel in your company
      name, you just need to prove ownership to the work.

      Dave.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic