77327Re: [videoblogging] Helmet Hero Wide questions

  • Kevin Lim
    Apr 1, 2010
      Hey all,
      I had the SD GoPro Hero cam, and recently bought the HD version. Not only
      do you get better resolution, the sensor seems to capture more vividly,
      especially outdoors. It's such high quality that even importing into iMovie
      seems to drop the HD video quality down a notch. I probably have to figure
      out how to import it properly.

      Here's an example I shoot using the car mount:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn5l4BvjPE4

      For geeks, a few subtle difference between SD & HD versions:
      - HD version now dates footage, while SD version didn't have any!
      - Audio pickup is much improved, factoring wind noise.
      - Interval shots allow longer timing, up to 1 shot per minute.

      I carry it out quite often, simply because it's probably the smallest
      fisheye lens camera around. Almost 180 degrees, but actually 170.

      Kevin Lim // cyberculturalist
      http://theory.isthereason.com
      Transmitted from my iPhone