56032Re: copyright - attribution

  • Steve Watkins
    Feb 1, 2007
      Thanks for the clarification. I find the wording of that to be a bit
      odd though - I read it as saying that the stuff labelled (ii) is only
      applicable if you mention the 3rd parties to be attributed in your
      copyright notice? And that the requirement to include a URL is only
      valid if that URI contains the license info for the work?

      Cheers

      Steve Elbows

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen"
      <solitude@...> wrote:

      > Den 01.02.2007 kl. 06:30 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:
      >
      > > here's the exact wording:
      > > http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/
      > > "Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by
      > > the author or licensor. "
      >
      > No, Jay. The human-readable version is watered down to the point
      where it
      > doesn't make any sense. The exact wording is in the actual license at
      4.b:

      > "If you distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly
      > digitally perform the Work or any Derivative Works or Collective
      Works,
      > You must keep intact all copyright notices for the Work and provide,
      > reasonable to the medium or means You are utilizing: (i) the name of
      the
      > Original Author (or pseudonym, if applicable) if supplied, and/or
      (ii) if
      > the Original Author and/or Licensor designate another party or parties
      > (e.g. a sponsor institute, publishing entity, journal) for
      attribution in
      > Licensor's copyright notice, terms of service or by other reasonable
      > means, the name of such party or parties; the title of the Work if
      > supplied; to the extent reasonably practicable, the Uniform Resource
      > Identifier, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the
      > Work, unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or
      licensing
      > information for the Work; and in the case of a Derivative Work, a
      credit
      > identifying the use of the Work in the Derivative Work (e.g., "French
      > translation of the Work by Original Author," or "Screenplay based on
      > original Work by Original Author"). Such credit may be implemented
      in any
      > reasonable manner; provided, however, that in the case of a Derivative
      > Work or Collective Work, at a minimum such credit will appear where
      any
      > other comparable authorship credit appears and in a manner at least as
      > prominent as such other comparable authorship credit."
      >
      > Recap: Author's name, Title of the work, URL (to the extent reasonably
      > practicable) and some extra stuff for derrivative works.
      >
      > --
      > Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic