39701Re: [videoblogging] Re: SFGATE: Video bloggers claim spotlight

  • Michael Sullivan
    May 1, 2006
      i term them, orphaned feeds and meta feeds.... rss feeds generated from social networks and hosting services.... most of which do not actually have a parent (vlog).

      this is why i have always been vocal about the difference between vlogs and feeds/vodcasts/video podcasts etc.

      mefeedia's wording on the site is contradictive in that the directory clearly is labeled 'feeds' but the 'count' uses the term 'videoblogs'.  since their are so many feeds in mefeedia from sites like vsocial, vimeo and blip.... mefeedia has a much larger # than you.... and my directory too.

      sull

      On 5/1/06, LeanBackVids.com <leanbackvids@...> wrote:
      7,029 on Mefeedia [http://mefeedia.com/feeds]
      912 on VlogMap [http://community.vlogmap.org/region]

      12.97% mapped?  Who/where are the others?

      - Matt

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Sullivan"
      <sulleleven@...> wrote:

      > its good primarily because of it tries more so than other articles
      to say
      > that "The community is diverse." and they quote jay a lot and he sais it
      > well.
      >
      > i think this, however, can be misleading:
      >
      > In less than two years, the number of video blogs, also known as
      vlogs and
      > > video podcasts, has exploded from a handful to more than 7,000,
      according to
      > > video blogging directory Mefeedia.
      >

      > This is where everything gets meshed into one. feeds and vlogs.  not
      sure if
      > its good to do that but i usppose no harm really.
      >
      > sull
      >

      > On 5/1/06, Steve Garfield <steve@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Video bloggers claim spotlight
      > > Online diaries looking a lot like television
      > > Ellen Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
      > > Monday, May 1, 2006
      > >
      > > http://tinyurl.com/fxwqy
      > >
      > > or
      > >
      > > http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/05/01/
      > > BUGK7IHGO81.DTL
      > >
      > > This is an excellent article about videoblogging. Ellen Lee, of
      the San
      > > Francisco Chronicle, presents an accruate view of how some
      > > videobloggers use vlogging to capture fleeting moments of life.
      > >
      > > It's unfortunate that the headline writer totally missed the point of
      > > the article by writing, "Online diaries looking a lot like
      television."

      > > The whole point of the article is that most of the video blogs
      > > highlighted in the story are not like televison at all.
      > >

      > > --Steve
      > > --
      > > http://SteveGarfield.com - Fighting the good fight
      > > http://Rocketboom.com - Correspondent