3204Re: [videoblogging] Wahington Street Journal on Video Blogging

  • Andreas Haugstrup
    Jan 3, 2005
      On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:37:36 -0500, Steve Garfield
      <steve@...> wrote:

      > Dagbladet editor Oliver Orskaug says once the clip began circulating on
      > Web blogs and forums "suddenly the networks were calling from Japan,
      > Spain and France and everywhere to buy the video." He says within 12
      > hours he sold rights to CNN, ABC News, and others for a total of about
      > $20,000. Mr. Orskaug was not surprised bloggers grabbed the video
      > without paying. "That's the Internet. We expect that would happen," he
      > says."

      Mr. Lorentsen should just send an invoice to Dagbladet. They obviously owe
      him a lot of money (unless he gave them rights to distribute for free).
      Especially when the editor is stupid enough to admit copyright
      infringement in public.

      - Andreas
      --
      <URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>