New to the club

  • comaes
    Message 1 of 191 , Sep 11, 1999
      but I love this era and I am hoping to open a Victorian Gift and Card shop. Would love any ideas you all might have. Thanks Collette
    • bleuceruleum
      Message 191 of 191 , Jul 27, 2003
        Isn't the dresser/vanity items wonderful? they are so beautiful and
        feminine. I collect sterling pieces, and - oh- everything for the
        dresser. eBay has been a good resource for finding vanity items at
        reasonable prices- and junk shops. I can still find sterling pieces
        some shop owners did not bother to check under all that grub.

        Have you noticed that new beaded purses are popping up everywhere?
        Reproductions that are quite lovely but- it's the patina of real age
        and the signs of use that make things so special for me. I usually
        dislike reproductions- though some of the repro furniture is
        beautiful and much more practical for everyday use.

        Victorian lamps too....and shades......I amke my own
        shades.....................I have a few old lamps here that I say a
        prayer before I turn them on...one old fellow with two bulbs and two
        pull chains is very tempermental and has almost given me heart
        failure by blowing a fuse......and, yes, I know this could be
        dangerous but I am only using two ten watt bulbs and.............I
        hate to replace the wonderful old cords.............any suggestions
        would be appreciated.

        Has anyone noticed that the old plugs and cords are now being
        collected...........yep......right along with barbed wire
        and.............tubes......... just about everything old these days.

        I will shut up now.............smile............

        -- In victorianpenpals@yahoogroups.com, "miniatureworld08"