Re: I am looking for research regarding

  • eurbach
    Message 1 of 191 , Feb 11, 2002
      You should probably read a lot of 19th century
      novels. The Victorian era was the heyday of the novel,
      and there are scads of them out there to read. All of
      them are examples of the speech patterns of their day.
      Check out works by Dickens, Bronte, Jane Austen, or any
      of the authors living in England in the 1800s, and
      you'll get fairly accurate speech patterns. <br><br>If
      you haven't already, look for information under
      "linguistics" or even "etiquette"; the latter would contain
      rules for proper speech, with examples of the mistakes
      people were actually making in everyday speech.
    • bleuceruleum
      Message 191 of 191 , Jul 27 11:28 AM
        Isn't the dresser/vanity items wonderful? they are so beautiful and
        feminine. I collect sterling pieces, and - oh- everything for the
        dresser. eBay has been a good resource for finding vanity items at
        reasonable prices- and junk shops. I can still find sterling pieces
        some shop owners did not bother to check under all that grub.

        Have you noticed that new beaded purses are popping up everywhere?
        Reproductions that are quite lovely but- it's the patina of real age
        and the signs of use that make things so special for me. I usually
        dislike reproductions- though some of the repro furniture is
        beautiful and much more practical for everyday use.

        Victorian lamps too....and shades......I amke my own
        shades.....................I have a few old lamps here that I say a
        prayer before I turn them on...one old fellow with two bulbs and two
        pull chains is very tempermental and has almost given me heart
        failure by blowing a fuse......and, yes, I know this could be
        dangerous but I am only using two ten watt bulbs and.............I
        hate to replace the wonderful old cords.............any suggestions
        would be appreciated.

        Has anyone noticed that the old plugs and cords are now being
        collected...........yep......right along with barbed wire
        and.............tubes......... just about everything old these days.

        I will shut up now.............smile............

        -- In victorianpenpals@yahoogroups.com, "miniatureworld08"